PDA

View Full Version : Apple/Android Tablet as Main Interface

bijong21
05-13-2013, 09:32 PM
Jus wondering....

Has anyone here done this kind of setup as the main dashboard of our eps? it just seem like a pretty cool/cheap interior upgrade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0o1zkqEuec

fatathaland
05-14-2013, 10:37 AM
That reeeally nice! I'm surprised more cars don't actually include something like this with off the shelf tablets.

That was very professionally done, so I hate to think of the price. Plus that bit one controller is very expensive...and for the investment in the install and gear it would drive me nuts to have a volume control at the end of a cord like that. It just looks too after market!

si.hatch
05-19-2013, 06:50 AM
Fcking Want!

Draw7Seven
05-19-2013, 08:55 AM
That reeeally nice! I'm surprised more cars don't actually include something like this with off the shelf tablets.

That was very professionally done, so I hate to think of the price. Plus that bit one controller is very expensive...and for the investment in the install and gear it would drive me nuts to have a volume control at the end of a cord like that. It just looks too after market!

One guy is using a volume widget on the screen to save the money of an external processor and not have a wire running. There aren't perfect solutions because tablets aren't really designed with this purpose in mind, but I don't imagine it will be very long until there are apps developed to make it easier.

Aaron636r
12-18-2013, 05:09 PM
I just picked up a Nexus 7 last night and plan on doing this to my EP3. Should look pretty slick...

cyllarus
12-19-2013, 08:37 PM
yea.. you can do all that..

OR

you can get one of these off ebay. Has the tablet and the headunit integrated..

search 'android double din'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaKX-0J4is

skoolnu
12-22-2013, 12:00 PM
This is pretty cool.. I would just get the AppRadio 3, or the 4 when it comes out myself, and save all the other nonsense of the install.

cyllarus
12-28-2013, 01:29 PM
app radios are roughyl 2x the cost, and are not nearly flexible in what they can do.

spotify while driving? google navigation?, google voice-chat?, nope