PDA

View Full Version : where to get rack and pinion? need help!

epheist04
05-14-2013, 03:36 PM
so i just got my wheel hub and bearing replaced and went for an alignment. waited for the car to be done and the guy told me that they cant do an alignment because the rack and pinion are fucked. did anyone else have this problem? BTW i am on Megan suspension.

mussh
05-15-2013, 04:52 PM
are you lowered more than two inches?

epheist04
05-15-2013, 07:15 PM
are you lowered more than two inches?

i dont think so. i have about a one finger gap all around. i have a camber kit as well. whats weird is that after i had the wheel hub and bearing replaced it started to feel weird. after i turn in either direction the car starts to pull in the same direction. and i also notice that the wheel that had the replaced hub/bearing(front right) tilts inward as in negative camber, when im parked anyway. im just freaking out.

Powers
05-15-2013, 07:27 PM
I'm going to stick my neck out and recommend inverted tie rod ends. They will allow for better toe adjustment and get a good alignment done to.

Roll center adjusters would be a good idea as well with how low you are.

mussh
05-16-2013, 05:29 AM
I'm going to stick my neck out and recommend inverted tie rod ends. They will allow for better toe adjustment and get a good alignment done to.

Roll center adjusters would be a good idea as well with how low you are.

i am on a megan suspension, with roll center adjusters and inverted tie rods.
my suspension felt weird also. felt strange when i would turn hard.....like a delay when entering a corner, then it would grab hard ......actually felt dangerous and i would not let anyone drive it.
got it on a lift and created a 28 point check list (my mechanic lol) and we started going over everything on my list.
my PINCH bolts werent tight enough, was my main problem... but also noticed a few other locations that needed more attention (as far as needing to be tighten).
when all was said and done, it was only a few bolts that needed attention.

now my car handles crazy nice. its my go cart. some would consider me to low, but i still have some suspension travel, with a fingers gap up front.

i guess my point is, when shit was going bad, i thought it might be my steering rack, i was wrong, thank god.

epheist04
05-16-2013, 06:55 PM
OK cool I'm gonna go with my mechanic and check the bolts and nuts.