PDA

View Full Version : Draw7Seven's 05 MR DC5-S

Draw7Seven
05-22-2013, 09:17 AM
Hi all. I've been around here for a while. Started back in 06 with an 02 K20A2'd EP3. That car was basically destroyed by a deer and a lack of insurance coverage (times were tough), and I moved on to a 2012 BMW 128i and got sick of the payments so then bought a 2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon which was loads of fun but not such a great commuter. So now I'm back in a Honda... specifically a Milano Red 2005 Acura RSX Type S! I've wanted one of these since I first got my EP, so I'm glad to finally have one. And it only has 45k miles on it!

The day after it arrived (shipped from Nebraska) I washed and waxed it and took some cell phone pics. Rich OEM goodness!

http://i.imgur.com/qJWisDa.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/EHJvT0K.jpg
Sweet ground clearance, huh?

http://i.imgur.com/ibQw6wo.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Uace8ZJ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/IZoWgFC.jpg

Since then I've had the windows tinted at 20% and installed a Pioneer DEH-80PRS headunit. And now I'm out of money! Since I live off of student loans it could be a while, but my future plans would be:
-HID Retrofit
-A-Spec front
-Moderate and dependable daily drive-able drop (Tein Basis?)
-Shifter mods to help the sponginess

More updates to come! I might go snap some pics of the tint and the radio now.

Thanks for viewing, comments are welcomed!

Draw7Seven
05-22-2013, 09:17 AM
Rsvd

h.pham
05-22-2013, 09:52 AM
congrats sir! looks great!!

Powers
05-22-2013, 01:31 PM
Nice man it looks cleann

justanex1
05-22-2013, 04:09 PM
I love this generation of the dc5 I would have rather picked one of these up instead of the ep but mine is paid for now and I have too much of a history with her.

Chinoisi
05-22-2013, 08:58 PM
nice looking forward to seeing this build, are you on CRSX yet?

superchargedk20
05-22-2013, 10:17 PM
Welcome to the type s club! U make mine look like shit ! Even if he's on crsx they will Prolly delete his members ride. Unless Ur car is modded they delete Ur members ride. Kinda dumb if u ask me

Draw7Seven
05-22-2013, 11:55 PM
Yeah I learned that about "showoff" threads today, so I'll just keep the thread here. But yes I am "on" CRSX, although it's so busy compared to this place I'm having a tough time keeping up.

superchargedk20
05-23-2013, 12:23 AM
LOL. They deleted ur thread? Knew it, Mines stock but they never deleted it. I havent bumped it forvever so its there hidden haha

Draw7Seven
05-23-2013, 10:21 AM
Well a bunch of people posted saying "clean car but this will get deleted" so I read the rules and decided to just edit the post and say "please delete, sorry." So it might not be deleted but I edited it to prevent from pissing off a mod.

Chinoisi
05-23-2013, 01:17 PM
Yeah I learned that about "showoff" threads today, so I'll just keep the thread here. But yes I am "on" CRSX, although it's so busy compared to this place I'm having a tough time keeping up.

lol yes CRSX is a busy place compared to here, haha, and they troll a lot, but i like it a lot because its very active.

HFPcivicSI
05-23-2013, 01:55 PM
Hey what didja pay for it? I keep looking for a 2nd car, and found what I thought to be a clean EM1 with 50k on it (in blue). Then the truth comes out that it was repainted, and I checked the guys ebay account, and I see he bought a bunch of used parts ect. ect...

So ANYWAYS, I am back on the hunt for either a 97 del sol vtec (160hp motor) or a 2000 em1 (milano red is my 1st choice). I would also buy a low mileage, mint A-Spec if one still exists... so hard to find un-modded hondas that are low miles.

Anyways, good car, nice color, and looks clean.

lemonhead228
05-23-2013, 07:40 PM
Damn that thing is mint! Tire wear is very lil too lol

cow
05-28-2013, 09:04 AM
Supercar sighting.

Draw7Seven
06-05-2013, 11:06 AM
Hey what didja pay for it? I keep looking for a 2nd car, and found what I thought to be a clean EM1 with 50k on it (in blue). Then the truth comes out that it was repainted, and I checked the guys ebay account, and I see he bought a bunch of used parts ect. ect...

So ANYWAYS, I am back on the hunt for either a 97 del sol vtec (160hp motor) or a 2000 em1 (milano red is my 1st choice). I would also buy a low mileage, mint A-Spec if one still exists... so hard to find un-modded hondas that are low miles.

Anyways, good car, nice color, and looks clean.

I paid 13,500, which is maybe a little high but the CarFax was mint and the car is gorgeous and at the end of the day you just want to quit shopping and have something. I feel good about the price regardless.

Damn that thing is mint! Tire wear is very lil too lol

Yeah it clearly wasn't a primary car for anybody with high-mileage habits. It's exactly what I wanted as far as low mileage and stock condition.

Supercar sighting.

What was the donkey Jesus joke again? Man that was a long time ago.

gtimportfanatic
06-06-2013, 08:53 PM
nice pickup brotha! i remember your EP on here. as for your shifter issues, get the Hybrid Racing box, it's so fucking mint, multiple adjustments and a world of a difference. the other thing u can do is like what i've done with my EP is to get the MTEC race or sport springs for the trans. that alone is a big improvement with the sponginess and that's only 35 bucks and 15 mins to install!

gtimportfanatic
06-06-2013, 08:54 PM
or be a boss and do both!:mcool: for us EP guys all we have is the BCSS:mcry:

Draw7Seven
07-19-2013, 02:27 PM
nice pickup brotha! i remember your EP on here. as for your shifter issues, get the Hybrid Racing box, it's so fucking mint, multiple adjustments and a world of a difference. the other thing u can do is like what i've done with my EP is to get the MTEC race or sport springs for the trans. that alone is a big improvement with the sponginess and that's only 35 bucks and 15 mins to install!

Yeah man! I think we actually met in Tennessee once, you had some brightly painted Evo wheels at the time IIRC.

I'm definitely taken aback by all the shifter kit options the RSX has. Luckily I'm broke so I don't have to make that tough decision just yet, but I can honestly say that I could count the mods I want to put on this car on one hand, so it might not be too long before I'm in the market for one.

Shift kit
HID retro (done right if you know how I get about retros)
Mild drop
Spacers?

That's about it. I just want a clean daily.

SammerS2K
09-02-2013, 10:39 AM
Nice car man.

Draw7Seven
11-15-2013, 04:42 PM
Nice car man.

Thanks! It's stayed stock since I have no income, but I still love it.

Passenger
06-13-2014, 05:17 PM
So you're just too cool to hang out with us ephatch guys now that you got a super cool dc5? I see how it is..

:mwink: