PDA

View Full Version : Wait to change my tires?

02TafWhtSi
07-22-2002, 07:30 PM
OK, I have just installed my Eibach Pro-Kits (pics will be up very soon) and I have decided to stick with the beautiful stock Honda wheels. However, I have just recently purchased and recieved a new set of Bridgestone Potenza S0-3's size 205/55/ZR15 from the TireRack and can't wait to replace them with the horrible stock Michelins. However, I am taking a 1000 mile round trip to Virginia in about 3 weeks and was curious if you guys reccomend waiting to put them on or just do it and forget about it. My only concern is that I am going to get premature wear with the new springs and that long distance can't be good for the tread life on the new tires. Comments?

DownTheHatch
07-22-2002, 07:36 PM
Put those badboys on! 1000 miles isn't enough to even notice any tire wear yet.

If you really want to put the extra 1000 miles on the stock micheys then keep them on, but if you're anxious to try out the new rubbers go for that.

02TafWhtSi
07-22-2002, 07:47 PM
Oh man I am so anxious! Its killing me!!!:D I have only heard and read good things about these tires so I'll be sure to post my own personal review and comments. I'll probably end up swapping back the stock Michelins for the winter b/c the Bridgestones are not even rated for snow - I'm not going to even chance it. So that kind of highway mileage won't wear down the tread too much?

2k2civicSi
07-22-2002, 08:15 PM
nope 1000 miles is nothing