PDA

View Full Version : Brake issues

slo_k20
05-25-2013, 06:35 PM
I replaced my front rotors with oe replacement and pads with hawk hps today... after i reassembled everything the wheels would not spin (pads dragged). i started it up put it in gear on jackstands and the passenger side would spin a little and drag. I assume the piston isn't backing off the pads when I hit the brake pedal. Are my calipers shot? They have 110k on them.

Zzyzx
05-28-2013, 03:12 PM
well, brakes are a one way system. As in the pads never get pulled back from the rotor, they just stop having pressure applied to them.

Start looking for areas where the calipers could be binding, as in did you grease the slides? are the pads canted at all? ect...

Powers
05-28-2013, 03:41 PM
I replaced my front rotors with oe replacement and pads with hawk hps today... after i reassembled everything the wheels would not spin (pads dragged). i started it up put it in gear on jackstands and the passenger side would spin a little and drag. I assume the piston isn't backing off the pads when I hit the brake pedal. Are my calipers shot? They have 110k on them.

When you put in the new pads did you compress the calipers pistons with the old pads and a see clamp?