PDA

View Full Version : RSX-S ABS sensors for Type S/Type R axle swap

AKEP
05-28-2013, 06:04 AM
So if you ever swapped to rsx/type r axles or 5 lug conversion, you're going to have to put in the RSX abs sensors as the ep3 sensors are too big and interfere with the axles. But the abs sensors don't plug into the ep3 harness... what do?

Solder the ep3 sockets on the rsx sensors (for the front axles). I don't know if it makes any difference but i kept the wire polarity the same, as they are different on each side.

Ep3 sensor wire is white and white...RSX is red and white, and are swapped on different sides of the car, ie, driver side front is red/left and white/right. Opposite for passenger.

The rears can use ep3 sensors (if you swapped to rsx rear hubs also), the passenger rear is interchangeable from ep3/rsx, it is the only one that is the same. You will have to use ep3 sensor on driver rear, the rsx socket is also bigger.

You can't just depin the sockets and swap them around, the rsx pins are too big (not the same size as ep3).

I am successfully running complete rsx suspension and brakes with functioning ABS.

SlightlyLifted
09-09-2013, 03:53 PM
The sensors plugged into my car. I used 02-04 type s sensors on my 02 si. I had to do ZERO modifications. Maybe you had 05-06 abs sensors??

USAF EP3
09-09-2013, 04:18 PM
I re-used my stock ep3 ABS sensors for the fronts....two 1/8" washers shimmed on the sensors did the trick..

AKEP
10-17-2013, 05:06 AM
did not, def 02-04 rsx, maybe 02-03 ep share sockets or something but it did not fit the sockets on my 04.