PDA

View Full Version : New from Maine

LostHighway
05-31-2013, 05:08 PM
I just purchased an '04 EP3 in Nighthawk Black pearl with just under 81k miles. It has a few, possibly ill-chosen, minor mods from a former owner: AEC short ram, DC Sports short header and a cat back Apexi WS2 exhaust/muffler. I'm not planning to do much with the engine (suggestions always welcome, however) . This will be a street only daily driver. It is currently at stock ride height on stock rims clad with Nokian WRG2 tires. The rear shock were replaced at 40k miles but the struts are original. At some point in the next year I think I may convert to RSX ASpec or else put Koni yellows on the front and replace the bushings with a mixture of new Honda bushings and Hardrace parts. Camber plates are possibility - any suggestions. The Nokians have about another season left post 2013 if used for summer only. I'll be sticking with 16"rims. I'm undecided as to whether or not I'll drive this in the winter. If so I'll either get a separate set of winter wheels (probably 15" steel - what fits?) or else use Conti Extreme Contact DWS as year round tires. If I do dedicated winter wheels I suppose I'd be looking at Bridgestone Potenza S-04, BF Goodrich g-Force Sport COMP 2 or Conti DW for spring through fall tires.