PDA

View Full Version : Front sway bar issue

Perry
06-01-2013, 06:03 AM
Hi everyone,,

Need a little help a mate has bought a set tanabe front and rear sway bar for his jdm ep3 on the package it says (For dc5/ep3 si) I know the rear sway are interchangeable between ep3 and dc5, but is the front sway different?

Thanks

klik
06-01-2013, 08:28 AM
It should be the same, I remember i testfit a type R front sways and it fits. It was not mine so i have to give it back to the shop after a month hehehe.

Perry
06-02-2013, 04:34 AM
It should be the same, I remember i testfit a type R front sways and it fits. It was not mine so i have to give it back to the shop after a month hehehe.

Cheers for the respond that's what I thought tooo the only reason I question it is because of the middle bump where the headers cheers is different.

AKEP
06-02-2013, 04:15 PM
jdm type r is a little different iirc. not sure on au type r setups =\

klik
06-02-2013, 06:05 PM
jdm type r is a little different iirc. not sure on au type r setups =\

This. I wasnt sure if what type R was the one i test fitted dont know if it was from japan europe or any other country.

Zzyzx
06-03-2013, 02:39 PM
is it stronger or weaker, the front bar that is.

If it is stronger, you probably shouldn't actually want it....

AKEP
06-07-2013, 06:43 AM
is it stronger or weaker, the front bar that is.

the dc5r front sway is same as ep3 stock as far as strength. its longer to compensate for the wider LCAs.

after stating that, as long as its not for dc5r then it should be the normal shorter version that you could use on any ep3 with factory lca's.

the tanabe's will fit. ctr doesn't use aluminum lca.