PDA

View Full Version : Bleed Pattern

civicsidrvr
06-03-2013, 04:31 PM
I tried searching the forums and didn't get anything in return. I've Googled this question and the two most common answers are...

Driver front, passenger front, driver rear, passenger rear (closest to farthest from MC) and the other common answer is the reverse of that...Passenger rear, driver rear, passenger front, driver front.

All I'm doing is draining and refilling the fluid and letting gravity slowly do the work since I'm alone. Cheap and easy that way.

Will either order matter and why is one better or worse than the other (if they aren't the same)?

If there's a thread already started on this topic and someone can find it better than I could just send me that way. Sorry if this has been asked a million times.

Thanks!

.colin
06-03-2013, 07:27 PM
Start from the farthest from MC

Slip_Angle
06-03-2013, 07:41 PM
Manual says:

Driver front, passenger front, passenger rear, driver rear

BeaterEP
06-04-2013, 06:51 AM
Manual says:

Driver front, passenger front, passenger rear, driver rear

Exactly.
Service manual FTW.

FL, FR, RR, RL

civicsidrvr
06-04-2013, 07:33 PM
Well, that's what I went with today. Kind of. Hope to have 4 new bleeder screws by tomorrow so I can do it all over again! Made it through the front then, after hours of soaking in PB Blaster, Liquid Wrench, and some new WD-40 stuff, ran into issues on the rear. After finally breaking them loose I found out the holes must be plugged or something where the fluid "bleeds" from. I can screw them all the way out so figured I'd run to the stealership tomorrow and hopefully they'll have some in stock. NAPA and Oreilly's have like 5 different sizes and then ask me, "Do you know the length of the ones from your car?" I always love going some place for parts and then being asked exactly what I need. Isn't that why they have computer to look stuff up in?

Ugh. :meek:

AKEP
06-07-2013, 06:36 AM
Well, that's what I went with today. Kind of. Hope to have 4 new bleeder screws by tomorrow so I can do it all over again! Made it through the front then, after hours of soaking in PB Blaster, Liquid Wrench, and some new WD-40 stuff, ran into issues on the rear. After finally breaking them loose I found out the holes must be plugged or something where the fluid "bleeds" from. I can screw them all the way out so figured I'd run to the stealership tomorrow and hopefully they'll have some in stock. NAPA and Oreilly's have like 5 different sizes and then ask me, "Do you know the length of the ones from your car?" I always love going some place for parts and then being asked exactly what I need. Isn't that why they have computer to look stuff up in?

Ugh. :meek:

get speed bleeders. if you can. and if you haven't yet, download the manual from my sig.