PDA

View Full Version : 235 on 17x8 +35 with DC5R lcas fitment

WhiteComet
06-12-2013, 02:50 PM
Does anyone know if I can run 235s on 17x8 +35 wheel using the Dc5R lcas for the ep?

I see some guys are running this setup, but coudlnt find anyone with dc5r lcas in the front as they make the offset slighly wider.

For those guys running it in the back, is it possible to fit this with 1 degree camber? I'm on HFP suspension btw.

mitchlikesbikes
06-12-2013, 04:26 PM
with the rears rolled you should be fine. i can't say for sure on the fronts but i don't think it will be an issue with the DC5 LCAs

tallblondkid
06-12-2013, 07:05 PM
the front DC5R LCAs don't increase the front track, its the DC5R hubs that increase the track, so they will fit the same as if you had stock LCAs

USAF EP3
06-12-2013, 08:48 PM
the front DC5R LCAs don't increase the front track, its the DC5R hubs that increase the track, so they will fit the same as if you had stock LCAs

Fact.

Please also note:

All DC5 rear trailing arms have a much shallower bend before the arm curves over to the knuckle when compared to the stock EP3 rear trailing arm. I noticed this when I purchased my complete DC5 knuckle/axle/brake setup, it came from a donor Type S and part of the deal was including the whole suspension sans struts. It was cheaper than sourcing out just what I wanted, so I said the hell with it just swap the trailing arms too, I can use all DC5 stuff without modding EP3 parts to make fit.

I'm not sure if this plays into extra rear wheel width clearance or not, just something that I noticed when I took off my stock EP3 rear trailing arms and compared them to the DC5 ones.

Powers
06-12-2013, 09:35 PM
Also if you use the dc5 rear trailing arms you won't be able to run hfp suspension in the rear due to the struts bushing. You will need to press in new dc5 bushings or swap out to aspec suspension.

WhiteComet
06-12-2013, 10:55 PM
well it's the front dc5rs control arms that I have. Maybe its just me but my wheels look like they stuck out more after I put them on... I hope you guys are right, because my wheel upgrade is depending on this advice lol

USAF EP3
06-13-2013, 01:14 AM
well it's the front dc5rs control arms that I have. Maybe its just me but my wheels look like they stuck out more after I put them on... I hope you guys are right, because my wheel upgrade is depending on this advice lol

I have the same control arms installed as well, and I think what causing the "look" of the wheels sticking out more is due to the fact that the control arms alone add static castor to the suspension geometry. You'll need to have your toe and camber readjusted to get the static camber and toe back in check if you installed them and didn't do that already.

WhiteComet
06-13-2013, 03:21 PM
Got alignment, wheels still appear to stick out more than usual with the DC5r lcas. Maybe it's in my head.

So 17x8 +35 in the rear with HFP suspension....any idea on what kind of negative camber i need to run to make it fit with a roll?

Hasbro
06-23-2013, 11:38 PM
Got alignment, wheels still appear to stick out more than usual with the DC5r lcas. Maybe it's in my head.

So 17x8 +35 in the rear with HFP suspension....any idea on what kind of negative camber i need to run to make it fit with a roll?

They should be 10mm wider on each side. There was a thread on CRSX that argued this a few years back and some guy measured them so that's what I've gone with. I taped the garage floor before and after putting on mine and they were wider. If someone can prove that the R lcas are wider or not please do so in order to put this to rest. I don't want to tell people they are wider if they aren't.

Also, the R lcas gave me some caster yet others say they didn't get any extra caster....?