PDA

View Full Version : i have a problem

black2k2si
01-15-2003, 09:33 PM
hey i have a problem i have 18" wheels and i just slammed my car. now in the rear fenders the is a piece of metal that sticks out. so therefore i can't have anyone in my back seats or else the tires will get shread up. if anyone has ideas on how to solve this problem please let me know.

SiRman
01-15-2003, 11:35 PM
hey i have a problem i have 18" wheels and i just slammed my car. now in the rear fenders the is a piece of metal that sticks out. so therefore i can't have anyone in my back seats or else the tires will get shread up. if anyone has ideas on how to solve this problem please let me know.

Ughhh.......First off welcome to the board.

Second, try using more complete sentence structure so we can understand what you are trying to say.

Third, I don't know what your talking about but "slammed" and "the is a piece of metal that sticks out" is pretty vague.

Did you hit a big bump ("slammed") or is your car lowered too much for the size of wheels your using?

EP33
01-16-2003, 12:02 AM
Sounds like you need to trade it in to me.

95 GSR
01-16-2003, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by SiRman

Ughhh.......First off welcome to the board.

Second, try using more complete sentence structure so we can understand what you are trying to say.

Third, I don't know what your talking about but "slammed" and "the is a piece of metal that sticks out" is pretty vague.

Did you hit a big bump ("slammed") or is your car lowered too much for the size of wheels your using?
Best welcome post I've seem....:D

95 GSR
01-16-2003, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by black2k2si
What part of the tire is rubbing? the inside, the middle or the outside?? Maybe your car is too low for your rims.

SiRman
01-16-2003, 04:22 PM
Best welcome post I've seem....

Thanks I wrote it myself.:D

SiMecoming
01-20-2003, 01:56 AM
well there are a few thigns u can do
1.) lift the car back up to normal riding height, and in doing so massage the inner fender out a lil bit with a hammer. hard work but i did it with my cavalier when i had 20's on it with hydros so i could sit the car on the frame till. hard wrk but will work wonders. allows u to tuck ur wheel w/o hitting innner fender if thats what ur talking about.
2.) figure out some form of a spacer to use
3.) return springs for not such a low drop
4.) deal with it
anyway you go good luck man:p

quicksi
01-20-2003, 12:24 PM
Check to see if it's the lip in the inner fender if it is you need you fenders to be rolled they can do that at a performance shop.i had that same problem with my 00 si ..Hope this helps.