PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Body question

Hondatuner87
06-18-2013, 08:46 AM
Hello everyone! Old member here with a few questions.

The IACV (idle air control valve) on my throttle body is messed up. Won't adjust idle when I add a load to the car (ie; air conditioning). I have tried to clean out the IACV but it didn't help much. When the car is cold (engine not warmed up) the engine will die once the rpms gradually decline as the engine warms up. When I start the car I am having to keep my foot on the gas pedal to keep the car running. Once the car is warmed up its fine and will stay running.

My question is, If I were to buy a new throttle body (lets say the blox one)...will the throttle body come with the IACV or will I have to purchase the IACV directly from Honda?

Hope everyone is doing well. Still running the k20a2 swap (5+ years strong).:mcool:

Canuck Civic
06-18-2013, 11:31 AM
Hello everyone! Old member here with a few questions.

The IACV (idle air control valve) on my throttle body is messed up. Won't adjust idle when I add a load to the car (ie; air conditioning). I have tried to clean out the IACV but it didn't help much. When the car is cold (engine not warmed up) the engine will die once the rpms gradually decline as the engine warms up. When I start the car I am having to keep my foot on the gas pedal to keep the car running. Once the car is warmed up its fine and will stay running.

My question is, If I were to buy a new throttle body (lets say the blox one)...will the throttle body come with the IACV or will I have to purchase the IACV directly from Honda?

Hope everyone is doing well. Still running the k20a2 swap (5+ years strong).:mcool:

No aftermarket would not come with a new IACV. New they run about 160-200.00

Hondatuner87
06-18-2013, 12:20 PM
No aftermarket would not come with a new IACV. New they run about 160-200.00

Thanks for the quick response!:msmile: