PDA

View Full Version : need help getting car back on road

m3nace
06-22-2013, 10:54 PM
i have a
04 k24a2 EP3 with KPRO
I took the valve cover off and the intake mani off.. and then i had an emergency so i had to leave and i left it sitting like that for about 2-3 weeks then when i got back i put everything back together and my car now cannot hold an idle and when i start it up it sounds really rough but it's not the timing because i checked it and the timing is on point. The weird thing is if the MAP sensor is plugged in it'll stay on and idle very roughly for a bit then it'll die, but if i unplug the MAP the car stays on but it hunts for an idle and i can't rev it past 2k with the MAP unplugged but with it plugged in It doesnt rev at all even when i floor it.

i need help its been sitting now for a month and i just wanna drive it again.... now im starting to think its the ECU

if anyone has ever had this problem please help me out cuz i can't figure it out.
no CEL comes on at all either.

USAF EP3
06-22-2013, 11:06 PM
Bad MAP sensor bro. Sometimes if you drop something on them or hit them just right they will be toast.

My friend had the same identical problem. We swapped my stock one on (I use the Hondata 4bar) and car fired up first turn and held an idle perfectly.

See if you can find someone with an EP/RSX/06-11 FG/FA Si to swap a MAP real quick to test.

monjarassi
06-23-2013, 02:17 AM
X2 on the map sensor deal.

AKEP
06-23-2013, 03:27 PM
i got one i think, $20 shipped its yours.

m3nace
06-24-2013, 02:26 AM
i got one i think, $20 shipped its yours.

ill let you know once i test it out on tuesday..

was super hard to find someone with a K cuz my buddies are all still into the b series :(

m3nace
06-25-2013, 09:37 AM
it does seem to be the MAP started it up last night with a coworkers MAP and it started up and idled perfectly

USAF EP3
06-25-2013, 03:18 PM
it does seem to be the MAP started it up last night with a coworkers MAP and it started up and idled perfectly

:peace:

m3nace
06-27-2013, 06:50 AM
:peace:

you are my god.:mbiggrin: