PDA

View Full Version : I think my rear washer froze or broke

JLannoo
01-15-2003, 11:13 PM
I think my rear washer froze or broke. Has this happened to anybody?

Its not the pump because I can hear it working and I can feel the fluid enter the hatch door by touching the hose. So do you think its just froze?

chunky
01-16-2003, 12:38 AM
do you get washer fluid spraying out the front wipers?

you might just be out.

happened to me. I thought I had broked-ed it at first.

but then I check the resivoir. I refilled and no worries.

SiR Medic
01-16-2003, 08:14 AM
Don't you guys have the "low washer fluid light" or is that a Canadian thing... just like the side-mirror defoggers?

Not to y'know, rub you guyz's nose in it or nothin':p

JLannoo
01-16-2003, 08:24 AM
Its a Canadian thing...U.S.A doesnt have that.

Washer fluid is full. It was the first thing I checked. It was low but I filled it back up. The front washers worked before and after I filled it up.

SiR Medic
01-16-2003, 08:39 AM
Take it back to the dealer man!

That's the nice thing about owning a new car, something goes wrong, just get them to deal with it!

NamingException
01-16-2003, 11:35 AM
My rear washer doesn't spray as high as it did at first, and it drives me crazy. It only sprays up a few inches.

ortedd
01-16-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by NamingException
My rear washer doesn't spray as high as it did at first, and it drives me crazy. It only sprays up a few inches.

My rear window washer sprays about half way up, drives me nuts.

When traveling to vt, when the washer gets low, the rear stops working before the front. Refilled and everything was all good.

paralysis
01-16-2003, 05:53 PM
My rear window washer sprayer got frozen so I put the car in the garage at work, after it stated to work again filled the thing with the winter bug juice stuff and now it only gets about half way up the wiper. I have to take the car in for the 7,500mi check up next week and I am going to have the sprayer thing fixed or changed.

chakra71
01-16-2003, 08:18 PM
i have never used it... well i take that back, when i first got the car i accidentally turned the rear sprayer on. it smeared the juice over the car then it ran down the hatch.... never again.

only time the front was used was also an accident, i had just washed/waxed/rain-xed the car and was cleaning the dash/around the steering wheel when i bumped the lever and sprayed shit all over my clean windshield. I spouted out some words and curses and went and washed the car again.

i'm all kinds of crazy over having clean glass.

ortedd
01-16-2003, 08:41 PM
when it snows and they put salt on the road, you have no choice but to use the window washers. There is a pile of dirt under where i park my car.

gtaSiR
01-16-2003, 11:17 PM
Water might have frozen at the tip of the nozzle. It happened to both my cars last week. It snowed and got really cold and water probably got in the tip of the washer nozzle and froze. It wouldn't spray. I just got a needle and carefully pushed it through the tips. It worked after that.

JLannoo
01-17-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by chakra71
i have never used it... well i take that back, when i first got the car i accidentally turned the rear sprayer on. it smeared the juice over the car then it ran down the hatch.... never again.

only time the front was used was also an accident, i had just washed/waxed/rain-xed the car and was cleaning the dash/around the steering wheel when i bumped the lever and sprayed shit all over my clean windshield. I spouted out some words and curses and went and washed the car again.

Well they are needed when you have salt layered on all your windows. You count on at least being able to clean the front and rear so you can see.

On a happy note my rear washer works again YEAAA!
How it fixed it self I dont know. I think it was just froze like some have said. Funny thing is,it never got warmer out. oh well I'm happy it works...I can see out the back again :)

NamingException
01-17-2003, 08:00 PM
This is what it looks like out the back of my window...
http://caught-thought.com/junk/rear-window.jpg