PDA

View Full Version : 02-03 rotors look tiny with 17s

jSewell
07-03-2013, 02:18 PM
I've had my EP3 for around a year now and have been rolling on stock wheels with a very slight drop (under an inch probably)

I've been looking at new suspension set ups and wheels, and I love how 17s look on the car but it also bothers me how tiny the rotors look with 17s on them.

I've read up on the type-s 5 lug conversion and checked all of my local junk yards and none if them have anything from a type-s, and I'm not sure if I want to pay some of the high prices I've seen online for the conversion + shipping.

My main question is does the tiny rotor look bother anyone else? Is there any simple rotor/caliper swaps to fill the gap a little more? I'm not interested in spending over a grand on a BBK that I won't really use as it is just a DD and backroad cruiser, but I've read a few things about mini cooper rotors fitting with a caliper that I don't remember.

I hate wanting to make a change in performance parts purely for aesthetics, so I definitely want to hear some opinions.

dble0
07-03-2013, 06:21 PM
I have the 17" type Rs and I honestly hadn't noticed anything negative other than my dirty ass calipers.

poeticfinesse21
07-03-2013, 06:42 PM
Either get a wilwood BBK which is only about $650 shipped, get some 16's instead of 17's or get over it.

Hasbro
07-03-2013, 09:20 PM
Really, get over it, unless you need them large for racing or social acceptance. Although our stock brakes are doo doo. Even good pads are a big improvement.

RedSiBaron
07-04-2013, 09:03 AM
goto type s/type r brakes master cylinder and proportioning valve, they barely fit under 16"s actually make a huge safety and performance upgrade and they wont break the bank

Hasbro
07-04-2013, 01:32 PM
goto type s/type r brakes master cylinder and proportioning valve, they barely fit under 16"s actually make a huge safety and performance upgrade and they wont break the bank

Long time. How's it going?

jSewell
07-04-2013, 02:43 PM

Thanks for the responses, guys.

Know of anywhere to get the parts for this for a good price? Been checking the clubrsx part out threads, but everywhere else seems really high