PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Set Up

Brannen Batulan
07-04-2013, 10:53 AM
Sup everybody, I've recently purchased an '04 EP3. I'm pretty much a newbie with everything, but I'm learning. My first modification on the car is my suspension. My brother and I looked around, and we thought the Megan Streets would be best for my budget. I'm also getting Buudy Club ball joints and Hotchkis front end links with it. What do you think? What other changes should I make with lowering my car? Thanks

T_Virus
07-04-2013, 03:58 PM
cambers rear, rear sway bar, etc.

poeticfinesse21
07-05-2013, 04:58 AM
OK first of all, do you want the car to handle better or just lower it as much as possible?

ep_hatcher_510
07-05-2013, 09:28 AM
Megans are horrible in my experience.

Zzyzx
07-08-2013, 08:57 AM
Yeah, I second poeticfinesse2, What's your intended use of the car? what do you want to do with it!?

dble0
07-08-2013, 12:02 PM
I just ordered some Megan's, they are currently on back order. I know three eps with them, one is a race kit. All three love theirs. One is slammed and the other two are probably no more than a 2-2.5 inch drop.

Brannen Batulan
07-08-2013, 07:17 PM
The car is basically going to be my DD. The suspension is pretty much blown, so since they need replacement, I thought I'd lower the car. I just want the car to sit nice and low while maintaining comfortability. I don't plan to track or do any super aggressive driving with the car whatsoever - maybe some very very rare canyon running.

I've decided to go with the Megans with straight arm lower bracket design and MOOG ball joints and end links. I was going to order them today, but I got sidetracked. Cambers, sway bars, etc will be put off for now.

I just ordered some Megan's, they are currently on back order. I know three eps with them, one is a race kit. All three love theirs. One is slammed and the other two are probably no more than a 2-2.5 inch drop.

Where did you purchase yours? I think all sites I know have them on back order. I'm planning to buy them from CorSport.

dble0
07-08-2013, 11:05 PM
Where did you purchase yours? I think all sites I know have them on back order. I'm planning to buy them from CorSport.

I'm getting mine through corsport as well and I got the straight arms as well.

chinoman44
07-17-2013, 09:44 PM
how low can you go with the straight arm ones? i was thinking about getting these with 17x9 wheels. i like it slammed but not too much if that makes sense lol.

EP3Lov3
07-25-2013, 03:52 PM
Sup everybody, I've recently purchased an '04 EP3. I'm pretty much a newbie with everything, but I'm learning. My first modification on the car is my suspension. My brother and I looked around, and we thought the Megan Streets would be best for my budget. I'm also getting Buudy Club ball joints and Hotchkis front end links with it. What do you think? What other changes should I make with lowering my car? Thanks

If you aren't going to do any crazy track days or hardcore spirited driving, there are plenty of suspension setups out there. Now that we established what you want out of your suspension, what is your budget?

Brannen Batulan
07-27-2013, 07:36 PM
I decided to get Megan Streets with Ingalls rear camber kits, Moog ball joint and tie rod end. car is my DD. no track at all, but I like to drive a bit aggressive sometimes.