PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Honda Civic Si Exhaust Question

skinnyboy32
07-07-2013, 03:36 PM
I am trying to replace my p.o.s. exhaust system and luckily I found a potential exhaust at a pull a part on a rsx. Does anybody know if a Tanabe Medalion racing taken from a 02 rsx will have fitment issues on my 02 ep3? Any knowledge much appreciated

maribou912
07-07-2013, 04:43 PM
Yeah you'll need to have it modified just a little bit. I believe it's like 4 inches too long. Shouldn't cost much though.

tinman5
07-07-2013, 05:04 PM
That sounds about right. Dont know if you have access to a second car or will simply drop your car off at a shop. If you do it at home, mock it up from the muffler section first to get an idea of how much give the hangers have should your measuring be off. You will take the difference out of the midpipe. A good muffler shop will make the cut, remove a small section (depending on how much shorter you ultimately have to go) expand one end, insert the other and weld her shut. Completely leak free, solid joint. Another option is to use an exhaust sleeve. Basically a small length of piping that is flared at both ends. You cut and remove the desired amount, insert both ends of the exhaust into the sleeve and weld her shut. Do not let them weld the pipes directly butted together. Youre rolling the dice on a leak free connection.

Eddie Murphy
07-08-2013, 05:42 AM
OR can't you just match it up with rsx-s type race headers or test pipe?????

tinman5
07-08-2013, 08:53 AM
To my understanding the mid pipe or muffler section is longer overall. The headers I *think* are the same general length.
Hell, thats a good question. I dont even know what I'm running....