PDA

View Full Version : Need help.. Noise from front end...

kcbones
07-08-2013, 02:30 PM
I didn't know where to post this or ask this.. but anyways, it only happens when my car either roll backwards either in reverse or in neutral... then I start in first to go forward and the first time I hit the brakes like at a stop sign or anywhere.. it makes this clunking sound.. sounds like both sides make it.. and it only does it the one time until I roll back again. and it will do it everything I roll back then go and hit the brakes. im not lowered at all.. all is stock. thanks for any info.

captaingamez
07-08-2013, 06:03 PM
check you compliance bushings, they are the big round ones that the front of the control arm is connected to the car with.

kcbones
07-08-2013, 07:38 PM
How would I check them? Sorry if that's a dumb question just want to be sure.

kcbones
07-08-2013, 08:13 PM
I have been reading about other cars doing this and it said it had something to do with caliper springs wearing out....

kcbones
07-08-2013, 08:24 PM
Ok now I just read about putting some kind of lube on the brake pad shims...anyone else had to do this?

captaingamez
07-08-2013, 10:35 PM
im not sure about the caliper springs (I dont know what a caliper spring is to be honest with you) but you could remove the front wheels and brake calipers and see if anything is in there not sturdy. I doubt its the brake pads though, but you never know. either way, you need to get under the car and start poking stuff.

you would check bushings by getting the car off the ground and trying to move suspension components by hand, generally they shouldnt move, movement is bad.

mussh
07-09-2013, 05:55 AM
how many miles on current brakes?

beechstreet
07-09-2013, 08:58 AM
As others have suggested, check your front compliance bushings:
http://youtu.be/fRnLGoE3t1c?t=33s

May need to lube your brake hardware:
http://youtu.be/FlR3OhFZMes

Also take a look at your front motor mount! I had a nasty clunk noise when applying the brakes and it ended up being a torn front motor mount

kcbones
07-09-2013, 11:27 AM
Mussh: not sure how many miles are on the current brakes... I bought it with the brakes it has on it.

The only reason I don't think it's the motor mounts and suspension is because it doesn't do it every time I hit a bump or shift a little harder... It only happens when I roll back the go forward and hit the brakes. And the car doesn't even have to be going forward fast it can be at a snails pace or barely rolling. And i can push the brakes lightly or hard and it still makes the same pop or clunk noise. I'm gonna give the brakes a check.

typeflex
10-25-2013, 12:03 AM
same crap going on with mine, and strangely only after I changed the brakes pads. agh, the lazyness to get underneath the car and check.

WhiteComet
11-14-2013, 11:40 PM
I had the exact same problem. Drove me absolutely nuts trying to diagnose it...I went to the extremes and replaced compliance bushings, ball joints, but it's still there.

Just brought it to another shop that specializes is EPs and RSXs and within 10min, and the guy says it's the top hats and that he's absolutely sure.