PDA

View Full Version : EP3 Days coming to an end...

Slip_Angle
07-10-2013, 09:15 PM
Well, after 11 years of ownership, my EP3 days are coming to an end. First I want to go on record by saying this car has been nothing short of excellent. Although initially rejected by many, this car really come into it's own -- especially with just a few key modifications. Reliability was awesome and after a few modifications, driving satisfaction was also fantastic. The car never once let me down, event after hundreds of autocross runs, harsh Canadian winters and one accident.

I will say, the next owner will be getting a really sweet machine. It still runs perfect, moves pretty good and has no rattles or squeaks.

Took me quite some time to figure out what I wanted next but I finally figured it out.

Acura ILX Dynamic 2.4

Perfect car for my requirements --> Sport Luxury 4 door, K24z7 motor and 6 Speed manual. Still good on fuel... Couldn't be happier with my decision.

Hasbro
07-10-2013, 09:35 PM
Happy for you. Our loss. :mfrown:

b.hog
07-11-2013, 04:19 AM
Kind of a weird day when you sell a vehicle you loved for that long. I sold my jeep recently because I needed a commuter 2nd vehicle, had it for many years too.It was strange for awhile but now I am used to seeing my ep parked in the old jeeps spot.

cow
07-11-2013, 08:49 AM
It's always a little sad when cool longtime owners who do real shit (read: race, not hard park) to their cars move on to something new. Such is the way of the world, though. Enjoy your purchase; hopefully it'll serve you as well as the Civic did.

captaingamez
07-12-2013, 09:24 AM
good luck with the new purchase, I for one, wont sell my ep,

is it feeling small in here or is it just me?

Ba82Ep3
07-13-2013, 06:16 AM
Sad to see another one move on. Ive always enjoyed your contributions. Give us some detailed pix if ya would... im assuming that is like the USDM TSX?

Dbl-Htch
07-13-2013, 11:26 AM
ILX is more of the TSX's replacement (unfortunately... :mfrown:)... it's basically a luxury version of the Civic, with the 2.4/6mt model being a more refined Civic Si sedan, not a bad thing by any means. The general consensus is that it is a good car, just a little overpriced, especially when compared to the competition/TSX/Civic Si itself that it is based on.
At any rate, to the OP- nice pick up, the one in the pic has some OEM accessories... does yours?

T_Virus
07-18-2013, 10:19 PM
where in a similar boat...I went from Ep3 to FB6.

cyllarus
07-21-2013, 07:54 PM
This is truly sad, another Pro leaves our ranks :(

jeenyusss
07-21-2013, 09:06 PM
good luck!

Slip_Angle
07-27-2013, 08:35 PM
Really appreciate all of the kind words.

After some searching, flying to get it and driving back... I finally have the ILX!

Got it for an absolute steal of a deal. Cheaper than a new Si. Already removed the All-Season Michelin's and installed a new set of Potenza S-04's. Car handles well and it's no slouch accelerating either.

http://i44.tinypic.com/etv6uv.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/9qh56b.jpg

Art Unique
07-30-2013, 11:03 AM
I just moved on 2 weeks ago myself.

Went from:
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/31/te8u7a7u.jpg

To:
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/31/eba3a9yt.jpg

I do miss the EP3 very much. That was my second one and I'm already thinking of a third for the track lol. Enjoy the ILX. And since they're still making the TSX it cant be it's replacement. But is a more luxurious version of the Si. Looks way better too. Do it some justice since noone seems to be doing anything to them yet.

captaingamez
07-30-2013, 03:00 PM
im waiting on the resurgence where people actually start buying ep3s again instead of only selling them

its a buyers market right now for the ep.

Slip_Angle
07-30-2013, 08:12 PM
EP3 has a new owner. I told him about ephatch, so I expect he`ll show up here one day soon. Sorry to see the car drive off but the ILX has been great so far. Next up is window tint and possibly a rear sway bar from the Si.

ryboto
08-02-2013, 10:29 AM
I'm torn, I love the ep3, but a new car would be less maintenance for a while...then I realize I'd have to have another car payment....that usually stops my daydreaming.

todaCspec
08-15-2013, 12:25 PM
ILX is a replacement for the RSX.

Draw7Seven
08-15-2013, 12:36 PM
ILX is a replacement for the RSX.

You know the RSX was a two door, right?

captaingamez
08-16-2013, 09:16 AM
You know the RSX was a two door, right?

sigh.....

Yes, yes it is, and Acura/Honda claim that its easier to sell 4 doors than 2 doors. apparently more people buy the 4 door si then the 2 door. Therefore we get the ILX, instead of another RSX, or Integra. Supposedly Honda is Never going to release another Integra, ever, and they may never have another Type R Civic either the way things are gonig.

Draw7Seven
08-16-2013, 03:53 PM
sigh.....

Yes, yes it is, and Acura/Honda claim that its easier to sell 4 doors than 2 doors. apparently more people buy the 4 door si then the 2 door. Therefore we get the ILX, instead of another RSX, or Integra. Supposedly Honda is Never going to release another Integra, ever, and they may never have another Type R Civic either the way things are gonig.

Yeah, I agree, the market is just becoming a very vanilla blend of drivers who want MPG and utility over everything. Over the past few years more and more fun platforms have just been tossed to the wayside in favor of pumping more Camry's off the end of the manufacturing line.

captaingamez
08-16-2013, 10:10 PM
pretty much, people dont want sports cars anymore really. thats why theres no S2000 or NSX. theres nothing really good coming out of Japan right now as a driver friendly sports car.

Sure theres the GTR, but, meh, I digress. the next step up in Japanese sports car is the damn LFA and thats a pretty good step up in price.

Slip_Angle
08-16-2013, 10:43 PM
Not all doom and gloom... There are a few really great cars such as the FR-S/BRZ on the market. I think manufacturers are trying to produce vehicles that cater to multiple segments. If you take the ILX as an example, it can stay completely stock and you have a nice 4 door near-luxury car that is sporty, does good on gas and is reliable. On the other hand, you can throw on a good set of tires, an Si rear sway, down-pipe, intake and Flashpro. Now it's track worthy.

The ILX really hits the sweet spot for me... Still has the 2.4, 6 speed. 0-60 is 6.2-6.7 depending on the car mag. It's still relatively small in size but very roomy inside, great on gas, has some great features and most importantly is a real pleasure to drive. Rowing through the gears on this car is just fantastic. The exhaust sounds great (mildly throaty) and as mentioned above, there is lots of potential since it shares the same platform as the current Si.

I also got mine for less than a new Si, so it's all win-win.

Draw7Seven
08-18-2013, 09:40 AM
Not all doom and gloom... There are a few really great cars such as the FR-S/BRZ on the market. I think manufacturers are trying to produce vehicles that cater to multiple segments. If you take the ILX as an example, it can stay completely stock and you have a nice 4 door near-luxury car that is sporty, does good on gas and is reliable. On the other hand, you can throw on a good set of tires, an Si rear sway, down-pipe, intake and Flashpro. Now it's track worthy.

The ILX really hits the sweet spot for me... Still has the 2.4, 6 speed. 0-60 is 6.2-6.7 depending on the car mag. It's still relatively small in size but very roomy inside, great on gas, has some great features and most importantly is a real pleasure to drive. Rowing through the gears on this car is just fantastic. The exhaust sounds great (mildly throaty) and as mentioned above, there is lots of potential since it shares the same platform as the current Si.

I also got mine for less than a new Si, so it's all win-win.

Oh I didn't mean to rain on your parade at all. I love the practicality of Honda's newer stuff and I completely agree that it's comfortable and sporty enough for fun daily driving. I just miss the DC5 and the S2k, and my natural reaction is to blame the cars that "replaced" them.

captaingamez
08-23-2013, 08:48 AM
I dont see what is so great about the BR-Z/FR-S?

Other than its the go to car for people with zero originality.

I literally see 20 of them every single weekend at the car show, its getting ridiculous to the point where people are trading in and selling off their magazine cover cars for a BR-Z, (not even remotely Joking on that one.)

http://stickydiljoe.com/2011/08/18/nisei-showoff-2011-coverage%E2%80%A6part-3%E2%80%A6/

Look at the beautiful blue Teg down the page slightly, Jeff parted it out and bought a BR-Z. Sickening isnt it......
I'm just saying, I dont get their mass appeal, They are cool looking, I will give them that, and with a 3sg could be a nasty car. But they arent even close to being a practical sports car, which is honestly what you should get for the money they are, and for the body it has. I mean no hatch kills it for me entirely, that means you cant take anything on vacation easily in that car. I mean even the Supra MKVI (another car I dislike intensely) has a hatchback. Then theres the Boxer engine, I am not a fan. I wish we got the rear fog light here, but Toyota took that out for everyone but JDM and Euro. The commonality of the car among car enthusiasts is what annoys me the most, they are actually more common than Corvettes at our local car show.

poeticfinesse21
08-24-2013, 08:38 AM
I'll take a miata or S2000 over a BRZ/FRS any day....

Slip_Angle
08-24-2013, 07:35 PM
I dont see what is so great about the BR-Z/FR-S?

Other than its the go to car for people with zero originality.

Have you driven one? It really is a great little car.

I literally see 20 of them every single weekend

You mean like a Honda Civic? lol

But they arent even close to being a practical sports car.

Which is why I bought an ILX 6MT that cost me less than a new Si.