PDA

View Full Version : Will Magnaflow catback piping fit with my stock EP3 axle back?

syncmaster
07-16-2013, 04:41 PM
I picked up a Magnaflow 2.25" catback system used but only want to use the catback piping and retain the stock axle back and muffler if possible. Does anyone know if this is a bolt-on affair?

poeticfinesse21
07-16-2013, 06:34 PM
Doesn't the magnaflow muffler look just like the stock one?

syncmaster
07-17-2013, 01:10 PM
It does look similar but with larger tips. I dont really want the sound though - sounds too raspy from when I can tell on Youtube.

Just wondering if anyone knows off hand if I'd be able to bolt the stock muffler up to the Mag's catback piping (or vise-versa, just use the Mag's axle back). Just going for a slight tone increase, so dont want to do with the whole shebang. Keeping the stock muffler is also one less reason for someone to steal my car.

syncmaster
07-22-2013, 08:54 AM
I guess what I'm really asking is... does anyone know if I can easily "bolt on" the midpipe from a Magnaflow catback exhaust on my EP3 - and still retain the stock muffler?

I live in the city, so I need to be as well informed as possible before I work on my car (dont have a garage right now).

Thanks!