PDA

View Full Version : Which oem part numbers are needed to fully assemble struts?

syncmaster
07-18-2013, 07:42 AM
I am planning to assemble a set of oem replacement struts and either Tein H Tech or Eibach Pro Kit springs, for a mild drop that wont be hard for DD. I know I need the struts and springs, however does anyone have a comprehensive list of other parts I will need?

Top hats front and rear (p/n?)
Bolts (p/n)?
Anything else?

captaingamez
07-18-2013, 08:38 AM
dont use stock struts if your lowering, they wont last very long. you need something like Koni, or Tokico. otherwise just use all your stock stuff, unless its bad, theres no reason to replace it.

syncmaster
07-18-2013, 09:04 AM
dont use stock struts if your lowering, they wont last very long. you need something like Koni, or Tokico. otherwise just use all your stock stuff, unless its bad, theres no reason to replace it.

Thanks, but I am just wondering about the part numbers. I will still need those regardless of the struts I plan to use. My front top hats are shot so I need to replace them anyway. I am riding on factory struts that have 110k so this is the perfect opportunity.

captaingamez
07-18-2013, 01:02 PM
oh yeah, you will definitely need to replace them then, you can get adjustable ones if you want but its really not a necessity.

search for "rsx strut hat" on ebay and you will find what you need, or if you want Honda OEM parts, go here:

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/PartsSearch.jsp

I dont know the part numbers but it will be easy to find once you look it up on their system.