PDA

View Full Version : Squeaking on accelerating.

steppingCloser
07-18-2013, 11:01 PM
Well, yet another squeaking issue coming from my car..... This time it's when the car is "bucking" during low speeds typically in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd gear.... especially in 3rd gear around 25mph and abruptly stepping on the gas and letting off. etc. Initially I noticed it when switching gears from 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears. Anything higher it is unnoticeable.

Any thoughts on what this may be? Motor mounts.... steering rack... suspension?

tinman5
07-19-2013, 05:42 AM
Possibly the motor mounts. If they have never been adressed before after 10 years its time to start refreshing pretty much all the rubber in the chassis.

steppingCloser
07-19-2013, 10:44 AM
Thanks, yeah they haven't been replaced in a while.

side note.... this forum isn't anywhere near as helpful as it used to be.

tinman5
07-19-2013, 10:18 PM
Sorry.
Not my fault.
Unless I was not particularly helpful, then yes, it is my fault.
:)

steppingCloser
07-19-2013, 11:59 PM
haha no, not at all. I appreciate it. I was just saying in general. The more help, the better. There used to be so many more helpful & knowledgeable people on here.... seems like they are all gone now.

tinman5
07-20-2013, 07:56 AM
I agree. But also the lack of "newness" to some issues limits assistance as well. Pretty much every squeak, knock, thud, vibration etc. etc. question has pretty much been resolved or explained away to some degree by this point in the cars history.
Now if you were to come on here with say... My radio spits out flames every time I apply the brakes or my engine revs up with the use of the power windows...now we have us something new. Something interesting.
Just thinking out loud, my thoughts are seldom those of others.