PDA

View Full Version : Finally, A Civic!

Smooth EP3
07-20-2013, 04:36 PM
Hello,

My name is Blake. I've been into cars, adding mods and what-not since the day I got my first car. I don't want to bore you with my shameful past purchases, but I will tell you each time I drove a car from the lot, my friends would always shakes their head and say, "You should have got a Honda."

Well, I thought I was done with my days of spending money just for good looks and slim horsepower was done, until my recent purchase - an 03 Honda Civic SI Hatch.

I immediately noticed the Civic as I pulled onto the lot, mainly because it was a hatch. I've always wanted a 93 hatch, so this one definitely had my attention. What made it better was once I got closer, I noticed it was an SI, with already awesome looking bucket seats and it was in pretty decent condition. So, I bought it. Since my purchase, I've been nothing short of happy. The car has some get-up and go (even though it doesn't compare to my last KLZE swap) and it looks sick.

I've been scrolling through the net on search for everything for the car etc. One thing I'm not thrilled with, is Ebay doesn't offer much for this car, as far as aftermarket parts go. I haven't been big into tuning in a few years, but back when I was, coil over sleeves were the easiest and cheapest way for an instant drop - and they're non-existent on Ebay. I've learned I need an adapter as a short throw shifter and lip kits are amazingly cheap.

I'm not big into power anymore, because where I live, the scene isn't that big and if you really want to play with the big boys, I'll need a couple hundred more HP. I plan to just add a few appearance mods and a nice DD me, my wife and kids can enjoy.

Looking forward to talking with you all.

04sidriver
07-20-2013, 04:41 PM
welcome to the hatch!

passwordjdm, corsportusa, jhpusa are some sites to look at for parts

danito321
07-20-2013, 05:45 PM
Welcome! Think about a k24a1 swap. Cheap and nice power and still able to use stock ecu if you do t make any other mods.

Smooth EP3
07-20-2013, 07:17 PM
Thanks! The only way I'll do a swap is if my engine decides to die on me. I've been doing some browsing here on the forum, and would love for an A2 head swap, but I've read that there isn't much point. The 6 speed tranny swap also interests me.

Right now I got to focus on being able to get my drivers door to lock/unlock. I can't lock it with my key or remote, nor unlock it.

usedep3
07-20-2013, 07:48 PM
sounds like the door actuator is dead

welcome to epcrack!

captaingamez
07-21-2013, 01:01 AM
welcome to the hatch!

Try replacing the lock actuator as usedep3 said.

the 6 speed with lsd is a great upgrade, theres a few different 6 speeds though.

Hasbro
07-21-2013, 02:03 AM
A newb that has researched and has good grammar. Welcome!

Smooth EP3
07-21-2013, 01:36 PM
A newb that has researched and has good grammar. Welcome!

It's a miracle, right?! - I actually write for a living, so that has helped. (HA!)

I have 204K on the dash. MY EP was owned by the car lot owners nephew. They said the majority of it is from highway miles. I know Honda's are known for lasting a very long time, but if it does decide to start really giving me any problems, I guess I know now that I have quite a few options.

Thanks for the welcomes!

USAF EP3
07-21-2013, 11:51 PM
It's a miracle, right?! - I actually write for a living, so that has helped. (HA!)

I have 204K on the dash. MY EP was owned by the car lot owners nephew. They said the majority of it is from highway miles. I know Honda's are known for lasting a very long time, but if it does decide to start really giving me any problems, I guess I know now that I have quite a few options.

Thanks for the welcomes!

First thing I would check on a pre-facelift EP3 like yours with that many miles is for cam galling. Pull the valve cover off and inspect the cam lobes for any pitting and/or unusual wear. This stems from using the 5W-20 Honda recommends but it's actually too thin for the engine.

jeenyusss
07-22-2013, 05:09 AM
welcome:p:D:thumbup: