PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Idle surge that stops when A/C is ON

JoeyBones
07-21-2013, 12:58 PM
OK, so everything seemed fine with the car, but I parked it for about a week as I needed my truck. Then when I went to crank it up, the idle shot up to 2k, as it warmed it began bouncing from about 1k - 1.5k and just continues.

The weird part is that it stops if I turn the A/C on. When I do that it settles out around 1100RPM.

Any ideas on what it is? It just seems weird that it happened randomly while I wasn't driving it...

epictetrisbox
07-21-2013, 01:11 PM
I just had the same problem with my car. I replaced the throttle body gasket and hoses off the iacv and it would start and hold at 2k rpms then slowly drop into idle range. When I would turn the ac on it would automatically idle around a grand. I drove it like this for a few days hoping it would smooth out but it never did. After a few different tests I ended up burping(bleeding) the coolant system and it seems to have fixed it so far. But if anyone has ran through this before and has a different fix please share.

epictetrisbox
07-25-2013, 05:11 PM
well i wanted to let you know the coolant trick didnt fix the problem. turns out my evap canister purge valve was bad. could possibly be the same issue for you.

typeflex
07-25-2013, 05:42 PM
well i wanted to let you know the coolant trick didnt fix the problem. turns out my evap canister purge valve was bad. could possibly be the same issue for you.
Which one is that one? The one on top of the throttle body that goes near the map sensor?

epictetrisbox
07-25-2013, 07:18 PM
Yezzir that would be her. 2 screws and a hose. I replaced the hose as well to be safe. I also had a p0172 code as well which helped me find this.

typeflex
07-25-2013, 08:19 PM
Yezzir that would be her. 2 screws and a hose. I replaced the hose as well to be safe. I also had a p0172 code as well which helped me find this.
Thanks for the response sir. Could you take a pic for me on your spare time of where the hose goes connected to?

epictetrisbox
07-27-2013, 08:49 PM
Sorry I barely saw this but yes ill post up a pic when I get the chance.

epictetrisbox
07-27-2013, 08:50 PM
If it helps to describe it the hose goes to a small canister beside the valve cover with a green cap on it.

typeflex
07-27-2013, 09:01 PM
If it helps to describe it the hose goes to a small canister beside the valve cover with a green cap on it.
is it a canister? whenever you can get that pic, no rush

epictetrisbox
07-28-2013, 10:04 AM
It looks almost like a small in line fuel filter but black lol

typeflex
07-28-2013, 10:53 AM
It looks almost like a small in line fuel filter but black lol
I have about a 6inch dual metal pipe looking thing with a green cap on it, I'm wondering if it's that.

danito321
07-30-2013, 08:45 AM
Yes. It's says evap on mine