PDA

View Full Version : 2.25" piping without resonator help !

L0ki
07-22-2013, 12:31 PM
alright so i've done some searching with this 2.25" piping with no resonator. so basically i have a megan drift spec cat back and i wanted to replace it with the oem exhaust system (which i already have). so now my question is, i wanted the stock set up to be a little louder, so i've heard and read that i should do a 2.25" mid pipe with no resonator? how do i exactly ask a muffler shop to do that, because our mid pipe's diameter is about ~1.75" or something right? so do i bring in my stock mid pipe and have them customize it from that or would they provide the piping and have it customized to fit onto the cat and stock muffler? sorry if these are noob/dumb questions but it's my first time doing this and i just want it clarified so i know what to expect and getting myself into before i go to a muffler shop. i'm also aware that there were already posts about these but i just couldn't get the jist of it so i made this thread..any pointers and help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

poeticfinesse21
07-22-2013, 01:46 PM
Just buy a Megan midpipe. It's already 2.25" and bolts right on to the stock muffler.

Blah1219
07-22-2013, 01:48 PM
Get a race header if you want good sound quality exhaust. For the midpipe, just go to a local muffler and ask them to build you a 2.25 midpipe. Too easy.

L0ki
07-22-2013, 05:09 PM
Just buy a Megan midpipe. It's already 2.25" and bolts right on to the stock muffler.

yeah i was actually thinking that like way before but i read around that the it bangs onto the car or something

L0ki
07-22-2013, 05:10 PM
Get a race header if you want good sound quality exhaust. For the midpipe, just go to a local muffler and ask them to build you a 2.25 midpipe. Too easy.

i don't think imma get a rh, but cool i'll ask them to do that then, i don't need to bring my stock mid pipe do i??

Silva
07-22-2013, 07:07 PM
the entire EP mid-pipe is 1.75 if i'm correct. You want a entirely new mid-pipe the stock one is 100% worthless

L0ki
07-22-2013, 10:35 PM
the entire EP mid-pipe is 1.75 if i'm correct. You want a entirely new mid-pipe the stock one is 100% worthless

oh okay, thanks for clearing that up for me. so should i have them make a 2.25" mandrel bent piping with no res then?

poeticfinesse21
07-23-2013, 06:17 AM
yeah i was actually thinking that like way before but i read around that the it bangs onto the car or something

It bangs when it rains because it's stainless steel and when the cold water hits the hot metal it contracts and expands. Slight modification to the hangers should fix the problem.

lemonhead228
07-24-2013, 10:12 AM
It prolly banging against the rear sway. Some aftermarket exhaust ( mostly 3") has this problem especially when you have a bigger sway. Easy fix is to wrap the rear sway where the exhaust is and problem solve.

Blah1219
07-24-2013, 01:59 PM
Megan Racing has that nice OEM tight fit where as a local shop is just going to be loose and probably hang a tad bit low.

lemonhead228
07-24-2013, 02:34 PM
Megan Racing has that nice OEM tight fit where as a local shop is just going to be loose and probably hang a tad bit low.

That sounds a bit sexual LOL