PDA

View Full Version : $66 for drilled and slotted rotors w/ cermaic pads? not worth it ?

ReD Line
07-24-2013, 12:53 PM
wudd up guys, found this on ebay just wondering if any one has tried them and if their worth the $66. im in need for for rotors and pads. what you think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390555600033?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

tinman5
07-24-2013, 01:35 PM
I can only imagine at some point someone will chime in and point out how drilled/slotted rotors are pointless on a street car, cheap castings are bound to crack etc. etc.

That is NOT my intent.
First, thats a great price shipped.
Second, and this is kind of a biggie for me, the rotors are zinc washed. This means the part of the rotor not getting rubbed by the brake pad stays shiny. A loooong time ago, Brembo blanks were cadmium/zinc washed, but not anymore. And that sucks.
Because of the holes and slots, these lower end brake pads are going to wear through kinda quick if you do any real aggressive stopping. Keep that in mind because it leads to...
Lastly, it will be very difficult to get the rotors cut/resurfaced because of the holes and slots. Most parts stores and shops have upgraded to the diamond tip style lathe. Drilled and slotted rotors tend to destroy the tips as you can imagine. You will need to find a shop with an old school drum style lathe to resurface your rotors when/if it becomes neccessary.
Maybe that will not be an issue where you live, but I found it very difficult to find someone to cut my drilled rotors because of that fact. Couple of shops that could cut the rotors were never convenient for me.
Some things to think about.

captaingamez
07-24-2013, 01:40 PM
they do say their zinc plated, idk if thats the same. but that seems like a decent deal to me. I am not a fan of drilled and slotted on street but I have friends who dont have any problems.

jus buy with the intention of getting new rotors when you need to resurface, or count on finding a tire/brake shop that will resurface them.