PDA

View Full Version : do I really need shocks or just springs/coil over?

azsi
07-28-2013, 04:39 PM
So back in the day on my crx and my old civic I would use tokico blue full suspension kit shocks and springs. I'm trying to get suspension for my 02 si and tokico doesn't sell a full kit like this in hp blue. So I've searched and searched and I'm starting to question if I need shocks. Maybe I'll just get springs. I only want a 1 inch drop maybe 1.25. Will my 100k stock suspension work right with just new springs? Any suggestions? Btw my budget is 600ish
Thanks
James

poeticfinesse21
07-28-2013, 05:03 PM
Go A-spec kit:
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?59257-DIY-A-Spec-Suspension-on-ep3

Hasbro
07-28-2013, 05:57 PM
Go A-spec kit:
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?59257-DIY-A-Spec-Suspension-on-ep3

+1

tinman5
07-28-2013, 05:59 PM
You should be on the tail end of your SECOND set of shocks.
For some strange reason the average car owner neglects the maintenance and up keep of their suspension. To go 100k miles on stock, original suspension...thats just careless.
That being said, A Spec is great for what it is, pretty much any cup kit will suffice for daily driving. If you are intent on a better degree of customization, Ground Control/ Koni Yellow is an outstanding set up, the boys at Progress will do you right as well. My personal opinion, save up the little extra for the Ground Control/Koni kit. The kick in the pants you take now is offset by the cost/ability to overhaul and/or re-valve the shocks.
Thats my little rant.

Powers
07-28-2013, 06:15 PM
I say aspec. I have them on my car and I love it. If you couple aspec suspension with a few other quality components such as larger rear sway and camber caster plates and good tires you will have a damn ball. Trust me.

lemonhead228
07-28-2013, 11:46 PM
Budget is 600ish, aspec. Oem reliablity

Waldo129
07-29-2013, 08:47 AM
I have KYB's and I love them.

azsi
07-30-2013, 05:43 PM
Thanks guys...Im looking into a spec now or I may go stagg with eibach sportline to give me a 1 inch drop. btw I got off the phone with stagg, I asked them why is there such a major price difference with there suspension kits. there response was overhead. they have less than 200 employees and the other guys have 1k plus employees. he said the parts and oil that is used is the same. I failed to ask about the warranty.