PDA

View Full Version : How do YOU bleed brakes?

Powers
08-01-2013, 02:51 PM
I want to hear different ways to blew brakes. I'm running wilwoods up front and oem in the rear.

I tried the two man method pumping the brake pedal and it didn't work tonight I'm going to try to gravity bleed.

Any tips advice or other methods are welcome.

Zzyzx
08-01-2013, 03:28 PM
pumping did not work?

Me thinks you may have bigger problems...

Powers
08-01-2013, 03:43 PM
On the wilwoods there's four bleeders two up top an two on the bottom of each caliper.

I only did the top two because I was told the bottom would let air in.

The pedal was firm before I started the car once started it was soft. I think I still have air in the lines.

Powers
08-01-2013, 03:46 PM
This is after I installed my wilwoods and stainless lines front and rear. There are no leaks either.

usedep3
08-01-2013, 04:30 PM
Are you using tubing (pref clear) on the bleeder nipples?

You should put tubing on the bleeder nipple, loosen the nipple, depress the pedal, tighten the nipple, raise pedal, loosen nipple, depress pedal, tighten nipple, raise pedal, loosen nipple, etc, etc, until the air bubbles are no longer present and the fluid comes out clean. Make sure the reservoir never empties., this is where you might add air into the system. I would not let the fluid level go below min to be safe.

Powers
08-01-2013, 06:40 PM
I just had the sky unleash a furious storm on my bleeding the first caliper. I'm bringing it to a damn shop in the morning. That was the last straw.

tinman5
08-03-2013, 01:24 PM
I just had the sky unleash a furious storm on my bleeding the first caliper. I'm bringing it to a damn shop in the morning. That was the last straw.

I love it when Mother Nature wants to visit and see whats up.
As far as the brake bleeding goes, obviously a shop with a vaccuum bleeder is the easiest way. But sometimes I dont wanna pay $60. I am a fan if the "one man brake bleeder" from the parts store. The little plastic bottle with a small magnet on one end and a couple feet of clear tubing. Has always worked like a charm. For the Wilwoods I would run 2 at the same time though.