PDA

View Full Version : Skunk2 Pro-C coilovers locking ring loose

kaotik78
08-06-2013, 05:51 AM
Hey all,
I have run into an issue where my drivers front coil over locking ring is working itself loose and causing a clunk when cornering. Went a full year without issue till now. I retightened the ring, the ring that tightens the strut to the perch body, it only has one ring rather than two like the spring perch has. I have read that locktite works but I would rather not do that. I have bent all the skunk spanner wrenches tightening these lock rings but they continue to work free. I'm thinking I'm going to call skunk after work today and see if I can order two more lock rings to double up on the bottom lock ring to prevent it from loosening. Anyone else run into this and what was your fix or solution?

LudeMutt
08-06-2013, 08:31 AM
I have the same issue on my K-Sports every once and a while. My suggestion is to use a rubber mallot to hit the spanner wrench when you tighten it. That's what I do and I have no issue with there only being one locking ring. Just don;t wail on it and you'll be fine.

black05ep
08-06-2013, 08:38 AM
Or a flat head screw driver and tap the locker tight. Try the non permanent thread locker.

kaotik78
08-12-2013, 02:40 AM
Or a flat head screw driver and tap the locker tight. Try the non permanent thread locker.

Thanks for the tips guys! It's tight again, I really think the rough New England roads up here contribute to the suspension working itself loose. I used a extension bar with the spanner and ended up bending it slightly, then hit the locking ring with a flat long screwdriver. We'll see how that goes.

tinman5
08-29-2013, 05:59 PM
If you dont adjust your height with any frequency you can use safety wire on the lock ring.
You would need to drill a small hole on the hub mount, some safety wire a good pair of pliers/dykes and a little patience.