PDA

View Full Version : PROBLEM...stagg suspension or ME?

azsi
08-11-2013, 04:40 PM
so I purchased stagg suspension for my ep3 and eibach lowering springs. 1 inch drop

I installed them.

the eibach springs came with 2 bump stop cushion little things and that I installed on the rear stagg suspension. it also came with 4 springs
the front suspension I just installed with with 2 springs and 2 front stagg shocks..and I used the sleeves from my stock suspension with both.

anyways..

I drive away and it looks good lowered but every little road bump or variation there is a CLUNK CLACK CLUNK noise coming from the front suspension..there may be noise coming from the back as well but not sure.

either its me and my install or shotty product

I have parked my car and am awaiting what you guys have to say about this? any suggestions?

thanks

poeticfinesse21
08-11-2013, 06:39 PM
The strut mounts might be shot

azsi
08-12-2013, 12:44 AM
how can I tell if they are bad? everything looked good to me..but I don't know how to trouble shoot it.

tinman5
08-12-2013, 07:28 AM
First and most obvious, all bolts torqued down? Any left over parts?
Jack up one corner at a time, enough for the tire to clear the ground, and give the tire a good yank. From the top and the sides. Try and recreate the noise and pinpoint the location

azsi
08-12-2013, 11:43 AM
so the top strut bolt wasn't fully torqued down..I WAS THE PROBLEM. lol
moving forward..stock suspension is less bouncy ..the build quality and ride quality of stock is better than stagg aftermarket...the ride height is very desirable and jus like with previous cars the handling is indeed better..just a slight bounce or jolt with the suspension. compared to stock.

poeticfinesse21
08-12-2013, 01:13 PM
This is why you should invest in a torque wrench. They're only like $20 at harbor freight