PDA

View Full Version : Engine Misfiring when it rains

eloc49
08-18-2013, 01:13 AM
I have a k20a3, and for a while its been making a grinding feel through the pedal and a popcon-like noise whenever I would put it at low revs when it was raining. Initially, I thought it was just water getting up into the CAI, so I put an SRI on (shortly after hydrolocking the engine:doh:) The shop was able to dry everything out and get it running again, but the sound is still there whenever it rains, only now it seems to be coming on at higher revs. I'm not positive its misfiring, but if it is I'm thinking i should replace my spark plugs? Anything else that may cause this problem?

black05ep
08-18-2013, 05:51 PM
Maybe moisture is getting to then spark plugs .like part of the coil pack wire that connects to the plugs are letting moisture in?

Silvercard
08-18-2013, 06:06 PM
I can somewhat relate to this. Drove home one day in rain after being sent home from work. It was a long drive because it wanted to shut down after passing a certain rpm. Babied it home. During that I had the cai which has happened before. I have the inner fender covers removed because of the damaged of the tire rubbing but anyways what having misfiring and hesitation accelerating after that day. Switched to sri and still same problem. Swapped out primary o2 still same hesitation. Then I decided to change out the spark plugs which Tony K recommend. I changed it a few weeks before the incident but took them out and saw this http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/19/seby3uze.jpg
Changed them out as recommended and have yet to see the misfiring or hesitation while accelerating again. Check your spark plugs. Won't be putting cai again lol