PDA

View Full Version : Need to replace exhaust but want to keep my Apexi WS2 muffler.

DM0407
08-19-2013, 11:55 AM
Hey guys! Longtime reader, first time poster. Bare with me as I may not know what I'm talking about or explain it incorrectly.

I have an Apexi WSII cat back system for about 4 years now. Unfortunately New England winters have been rotting away at the thin pipe leading up to the muffler. I have patched it up a few times over the years but I would really like to replace everything from cat to can because its starting to get loud again...

Where can I buy the two pipes that lead from the cat to the muffler or would I have to buy a whole cat back? What would these two pieces be called? Would it be smart to buy a cheap ebay system and use the pipe with my current muffler? There are some very cheap catbacks out there, and I assume the mufflers are junk, but are the exhaust pipes themselves of decent quality (good welds, all the bends and mounts are right)?

Thank you in advance!

lemonhead228
08-25-2013, 02:32 AM
You can either ask you local exhaust shop to mock you up one with a extra resonator or get an eBay midpipe and get a vibrate resonator and combine them to keep noise to a minimum..

Kinda drunk right now so forgive me if I mistype anything lol