PDA

View Full Version : Advice for springs to support weight...

naptown317
09-04-2013, 07:03 AM
I'm getting ready to move from Indiana to California in a couple months, but need to make some suspension changes on a budget. Currently I'm running with Skunk2 coilovers on Tokico D specs. It has been on okay setup for a few years, but now I need something that will raise the car up and support more weight for the trip. I need a better ride and not to bottom out. I will be traveling with 1 passenger, 1 dog, a Yakima storage pod on my roof rack, 2 bikes on a hitch mounted rack, and the rear of the car filled with clothes and stuff for the move, so I will be weighted down. I went looking for my stock springs but have lost one of each front and back. I'm running on stock wheels so not extremely worried about tire clearance. I also have a Progress rear sway bar, RSX-S front sway bar, strut tower bars, and adjustable upper arms in the rear. I'm currently looking at the Eibach pro-kit, Rockwell springs from Rockauto, or just the Moog replacements for stock that O'Reilly has listed. Does anyone have any suggestions on hauling quite a bit of weight in their EP?