PDA

View Full Version : Todd’s Caster / Camber Plates V2 HELP??

Perry
09-07-2013, 07:25 AM
Hi Everyone,

I heard alot of people do recommend these camber plates but I tried searching here but couldn't find anything can anyone point me to right direction. I wanted to read some reviews if there are any from members here.

I'm basically being offered a set of Bilsteins B14-PSS with these camber tops on but the only problem the owner encountered was shoulder nut came loose after 1 track day but his mechanic re loctite the bolt with loctite 263 and track it twice since with no issues.

Has anyone experienced or heard something similar that happened with these camber tops on?

Thanks
Perry

sir_2002
09-07-2013, 01:33 PM
i have bilstein b16 with the todd's caster/camber plate

Mine also come loose after time i putted locktight to and it seems it fixed the problem

I also track my car every week but it came loose only last week since the begining of the season

USAF EP3
09-07-2013, 09:49 PM
I had this problem when I first installed mine. It was the driver side that came loose. After I took out the shock I re-tightened the nuts with no Loctite and I haven't had a problem since.

I don't think I tightened it well enough the first time around so I would say it was installation error more than manufacturing.

Perry
09-09-2013, 01:06 AM
i have bilstein b16 with the todd's caster/camber plate

Mine also come loose after time i putted locktight to and it seems it fixed the problem

I also track my car every week but it came loose only last week since the begining of the season

Hi sir_2002,

How many K's do you think I should check 15,000km just for peace of mind?

Perry
09-09-2013, 01:08 AM
I had this problem when I first installed mine. It was the driver side that came loose. After I took out the shock I re-tightened the nuts with no Loctite and I haven't had a problem since.

I don't think I tightened it well enough the first time around so I would say it was installation error more than manufacturing.

Really you didn't use any loctite? what torque spec did u use if you don't mind me asking?

sir_2002
09-09-2013, 09:49 AM
Hi sir_2002,

How many K's do you think I should check 15,000km just for peace of mind?

If you hear any weird noice comming from your front end, juste lift the car and chek with your hands if the spring perches can turn without the damper.
Like that you will be able to see if the plate loosen.

But i would do at around 10k's km every 2 oil change you could do

USAF EP3
09-09-2013, 04:13 PM
Really you didn't use any loctite? what torque spec did u use if you don't mind me asking?

Honestly, I didn't use a torque spec. I tightened by hand with a socket wrench until I felt it was decent enough.

Calibrated torque elbow FTW!

Perry
12-23-2013, 05:45 AM
Reviving a old thread does anyone know how much height I'll loose with these camber tops with b16 Bilsteins I'm after front and rear 1 finger space is it do able?

Hasbro
12-23-2013, 12:06 PM
I believe you will lose 3/4" of travel. Search on CRSX.com in the suspension area for his very long thread.

Edit; it appears that the original thread has been deleted but there are other smaller threads pertaining to them.