PDA

View Full Version : Megan Racing Street Coilovers RSX Spec

Bryan144
09-12-2013, 02:37 PM
So I'm looking into replacing these god awful Racelands with http://www.meganracing.com/product_detail.asp?prodid=36&catid=31 but I'm not sure if they will just go on? I've seen people talk about inverted tie rod ends and stuff? Anyway, I'm looking to get them and they are for RSX base/S and I just want to know what I need to put them on? Tie rod ends or anything like that?

Also if anyone has these please answer these questions:
What do you use yours for?
How do the feel when driving on the street? Smooth and absorb bumps good?
How can I prevent losing a bunch of suspension travel? Or will I have to worry about that since the pillowballs and such are aftermarket instead of stock (Like I have on my racelands)

bnahms_ep3
09-12-2013, 05:28 PM
rsx coilovers go on with rsx tie rod ends. also, you need to shave down the bushing for the rear shocks. why dont you just get ep3 specific coilovers to avoid any drama? i just installed mine last week out the box and...

they're bouncy. as in if you set at 16 clicks (between hard-soft) it will be bouncy. you wont lose suspension travel if you keep the drop to a subtle 1.5 max inch drop. also, megans do not slam. they handle awesome (very tight) but you need new grippy tires to feel the full effect. my tires are about 70% tread and the front right is almost bald ( blown oem strut; thats why i bought the coilovers) once you get new tires, your ep3 will handle like a dream if you keep the drop to a minimal

Bryan144
09-12-2013, 07:40 PM
Well I'm not slammed by any means but on my 215/45/17 tires I can barely fit a finger between the tire and the fender so I'm guessing its like 2.5 inches or so? Anyway I'm thinking about going with Koni Yellows, GC coilover springs, and extended top hats to avoid suspension travel loss.

lemonhead228
09-15-2013, 04:41 PM
If you're worry about shock travel just hop on some a-spec.

eloc49
11-16-2013, 03:09 PM
Get moog tie rod ends. The RSX spec megans have an inverted mounting point so inverted tie rod ends come out to make the arm sit like it normally would (inverted+inverted= normal haha)