PDA

View Full Version : Squeaking from engine bay

jonpad92
11-01-2013, 08:46 PM
Ok guys I have been hearing a squeak come from my engine the past week or so. It sounded like a belt and sure enough my drive belt was wearing out. I got that replaced today and everything was fine on my way home. Now I drove it again and there is more squeaking! This time there is a slight shudder sometimes now too. Could this be the idler pulley?
Two part question
I have an under drive pulley kit. I got it when I bought the car from the previous owner. Would I need a different size belt with the under drive pulleys? They are made by a company called STR which I can not find online anywhere now. It says "STR Pro micro-V series" so I assume its a performance upgrade? I'm still new with learning about cars so any help is grateful.

Thanks in advance. I can try and get a video of the squeaking but it's only when I'm driving. Usually if I'm in gear but not on the gas. It sounds like a belt to me.

jonpad92
11-01-2013, 08:56 PM
It also idles a little high when cold. I don't know if that tells you anything but a little more information.

beefed88
11-16-2013, 10:52 PM
Idler or ac compressor. Get a short belt if it's the ac but I couldn't tell you the length.