View Full Version : Problems start...

11-06-2013, 08:14 PM
I'm not sure how to explain it:
-had been running fine
-got stuck in stop and go
-experienced High idle as I got home
-ran "better" next morning ( didn't idle so high )
-made it to work
-checked for obvious issues, loose injectors loose or broken vacuum lines
-drove home worse or so it felt like

Has like a surge to it. Slight popping/backfire sounds out the muffler. Tried pulling vacuum lines to see if it would have any effect, idle rose. I'm 99% sure it's a leak. Hoping it's not the charger to the head gasket... I really don't want to remove and re-install right now. TOO COLD! Good thing is I have another vehicle. Bad news is its a motorcycle lol.

Things I do know...
-started all of a sudden
-tried to watch the sensors in kpro : map only read upto 2-3psi + , o2 both read 0v (normal?)
-coolant bypass mod was done during install and hadn't had any idle issues

Will take starter fluid to try and find the leak. Going to start by cleaning iacv.

Help is welcome and appreciated!


11-06-2013, 09:57 PM
well your in NM , I was going to say if the engine is not up to normal operating temps, then the ecu uses the 0 cam degree fuel map and if it s not tuned perfectly for your car it's going to shit it self. people you have to understand when winter comes in , the air and temp , as well as barometric pressure will affect your tune. so I allways tell people Get 2 tunes - one in summer and one in winter to accommodate for fuel and environmental changes. If your temp is constant year round then that's not so much of an issue.

11-07-2013, 08:43 AM
Weather has been decently consistent. Also understand winter tunes. I do live in Albuquerque so it can get cold here. But im not the sure it's issue... It started on the drive home.

11-09-2013, 03:05 PM
What I have found...

-no leaks that I can find.
-map sensor reads negative 5 psi with engine off (my main suspect)

Going to clean out iacv this evening. Taking the gf to Thor 2

11-12-2013, 05:23 PM
:oops:Well I got it... Borrowed a map sensor and no luck. So I decided to really look it over before I started to tear things apart. Turns out I was missing a bolt OFF the supercharger. Face+palm!!! Let it run an block the leak with my finger and like magic- it worked. Embarrassing to say the least. I was working on it alone so didn't have anyone to laugh at me with. Just posting for future reference for other users. Triple check everything. Use carb cleaner for vacuum leaks, soapy water for boost leaks. I'm. Not sure how it fell out. I'm glad I had one that fit. Tightened the rest while I was at it tho.