PDA

View Full Version : Recently purchased 3.8" pulley

broy069
11-12-2013, 11:39 AM
Hello everyone! I recently purchased a 3.8" boost pulley to upgrade from the 4" I'm currently running on my stock K20a3. I was wondering if anyone could recommend supporting mods to do when i install the new pulley. I would really like to hit 250-275whp if possible.

Current Mods-

AEM short ram intake
DC Sports shorty header
Greddy EVO TT cat back
Kpro
RC 650cc Injectors

tlikethedrink
11-12-2013, 05:27 PM
Cooling in the form of meth comes highly recommended. For those numbers your gonna need a better header. I'm in the same boat. Are you running the stock cat or tp?
Also feel free to look around and search. Find a build with your power goals and try an emulate. Chances are you can avoid mistakes they made; or just use what's been proven to work.

broy069
11-12-2013, 07:35 PM
Cooling in the form of meth comes highly recommended. For those numbers your gonna need a better header. I'm in the same boat. Are you running the stock cat or tp?
Also feel free to look around and search. Find a build with your power goals and try an emulate. Chances are you can avoid mistakes they made; or just use what's been proven to work.

I bought the car with the exhaust so I'm not exactly sure what brand cat is on the car, i know it is not stock. Sorry but im not sure what you mean by tp.

superchargedk20
11-13-2013, 01:27 PM
No meth= no where close to 250

tlikethedrink
11-13-2013, 01:49 PM
I bought the car with the exhaust so I'm not exactly sure what brand cat is on the car, i know it is not stock. Sorry but im not sure what you mean by tp.

Test pipe. If it's not stock, it's probably a test pipe if it's not a race header (longer tubes). Maybe a 3inch cold air intake should be on your list too.

broy069
11-13-2013, 01:56 PM
No meth= no where close to 250

I plan on going with a meth setup but not sure what brand to go with yet. With meth it would be possible no?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

broy069
11-13-2013, 01:58 PM
Test pipe. If it's not stock, it's probably a test pipe if it's not a race header (longer tubes). Maybe a 3inch cold air intake should be on your list too.

I've always been skeptical about getting a cold air since its my dd my luck I'd get stuck somewhere I have to go through a big ass puddle and hydrolock my motor lol. How would the password jdm powerchamber be compared to cai. That's the route I was thinking of going.

broy069
11-13-2013, 02:00 PM
Was also thinking k24 crank pulley to up the boost some more. But Im not sure if I will be able to run my manual tensioner and not get belt slippage.