PDA

View Full Version : RSX-S 6-Speed + OEM LSD?

iDom
11-23-2013, 10:27 AM
Hey guys, I have an 02 Civic Si with a k24a2 swap in it right now with my stock EP3 5-Speed. I know that the RSX-S trans itself would bolt right up, but would the Honda OEM LSD that comes with the k20z3 trans go right in to the k20a2 trans as well? I figure that it would, since a Quaife LSD for any k-series trans works with any other k-series trans, I imagine the same would be so for the OEM LSD. But, perhaps not?

Also, my KPRO is the one that is from a Type-S, so it supports/is capable of a functioning Reverse Lockout. Would this work if I put in the RSX-S trans?

Last question, I know the FD is different from the RSX-S trans and the EP3 5-Speed, and typically it causes an incorrect reading on the speedo, but since I have KPRO, and I know there's a transmission selection option, will I have this same issue?

Thanks in advance!

cyllarus
11-24-2013, 07:49 PM
a good bout of searching will yield the details, but here is the high-level:

LSDs: LSDs are swappable between all k series trannys, search for specifics.

Reverse Lockout:You'd have to use an RSX-S harness to have the wiring for the reverse lockout, but truly its not needed.

Speedo: assuming you are looking at another tranny with a ring gear driven speedo ( search for specifics ) you dont need to adjust the ECU, just make sure you get a VSS with the tranny you buy.