PDA

View Full Version : need advice with freshly build k24 swapped ep!!

queso
11-23-2013, 10:47 PM
So I just put a brand new freshly build k24 frank and I'm running kpro
I wanna break in my engine for a few hundred miles before I go get a tune

I'm running a stock tsx motor kal under kpro and car doesn't feel as fast as people describe it
I even messed with kpro and changed to diff tsx kals and switched to 5 speed tranny kal

I feel like a pro tune will make it helps fast but I just wanna verify this with u guys that already have experience

Will this pro tune make m y engine fast??
Or maybe I just have something wrong with the engine, wiring?
Car also idles too low that it turns off after I reach normal coolant temp
Even wen I change the idle on kpro to 1500 k , it almost turn off at idle

I got a fully build motor with bigger rds, 10.5 CR, rsx s head fully build with dual springs and ported job and valve job
Rsx s oil pump conversion and many more mods

I should be close to 260 whp after a tune

Has anyone ran into this problem after their swap?

captaingamez
11-24-2013, 11:25 AM
You will not see 260 whp. I will be amazed if you do. But you will not, I guarantee you that beyond a shadow of doubt.

The engine should be a good solid 220-245 with a very good agressive tune.

And no, you will never get even %75 of the potential out of that motor without a professional tune on the ECU.

I also recommend not going over %50 RPM for the first few hundred miles to allow everything to seat properly.

What headers and intake, and throttle body are you running?

How low is the idle speed that it is turning off?

Last time we tuned a K24A2 with mild cams and pistons at 10.5 CR. it had Buddy club race header, ported head, and skunk 2 intake manifold with a Hybrid 70mm throttle body, Kpro and tune by Xact Dyno. It put out 238 WHP, if I recall correctly. On 91 octane.