PDA

View Full Version : Cold starting problem. any ideas will help.

newep
11-25-2013, 04:40 PM
the details; K24a1, Rbb manifold, 310 injectors, 3' CAI ,RH stock muffler stock computer.
Been driving this way for almost 4 yrs now. leak down test is the same as when i put the motor in.
A/f ratio gage shows slightly rich 90% of the time and only slightly lean at WOT.
5 weeks ago my fuel sending unit went, so I replaced the entire pump with a used type-s(same pump).
I changed the oil, plugs, cleaned every up for winter.
Over the last week the temp dropped down to -32C overnight ( welcome to Canada) and each morning it would not start, it would crank and sputter but not start, i could feather the gas and it would crank faster but not start.
after plugging it in for an hour and with pumping the gas like an old pickup truck it would unhappily start and idle rough. it did this till it warmed up to -3 again. no problems starting.

i only use 91, and have been through a tank so i can rule out bad gas.
the new pump is giving too much\not enough gas( bad pump) no hesitations or rough idle while driving?
colder air= leaner mixture... meaning computer cant adjust fuel? or MAF sensor cant read amount of air= bad mixture?

any ideas? I'm stumped, its never done this before andits only going to get cold again.