PDA

View Full Version : Tire Advice..

cyllarus
11-27-2013, 08:33 PM
Need some tire advice guys.

Currently have a set of neogen 205's, and they are good tires.. great lateral grip, but have a soft sidewall and a strange ghosty feel on highway above 100.

Looking at hankook, Bfgoodrich Gforce KDW, or anything else that is good.

i do a decent amount of auto-x, so need something that can take the abuse and still give decent DD performance..

T_Virus
11-27-2013, 08:39 PM
pricey but michelin pilot super sport

USAF EP3
11-28-2013, 06:41 AM
Hey Vic, I would look into getting a second set of wheels for your competition/track days so you don't tax your DD tires.

From what I've seen and read, the Hankook RS3's are the way to go. They have amazing grip once they are warmed up and the hotter they get the better they perform to a certain extent. Their downfall is their cold performance is really bad. They are sub-$200 price range too if you're not getting a super wide size.

I plan on buying a set in couple months for when I start racing again, I already bought a set of 17" 05-06 wheels for my extra set of wheels.

ep_hatcher_510
11-28-2013, 12:52 PM
Dunlop Direzza Zii, excellent grip, firm sidewalls, and price is reasonable for this type of tire. I only have one set of wheels so besides doing track events they are my daily tires as well and they are not bad at all on the streets as far as wear goes.

Slip_Angle
11-28-2013, 10:14 PM
^Dunlop Z2 or BFG Rivals.