PDA

View Full Version : Are all body shops sloooooowwww A$$?

NetDragon
07-23-2002, 09:30 AM
OK well the body shop has had my 2K2 Si now for 9 days and they are going to have it tomorrow. That is 10 days to repair a new door skin and undent a quarter panel. Of course they have to sand off the whole thing and paint it. He called me today and told me he wants to repaint it. He said he did not like how the paint came out. He said that it is a brand new car and he wants it to be perfect. While I can appreciate that, I want my f-ing car back! I guess I should just be greatful that they are being anal about my car and want it to be perfect. It would really mess me up if I had to go pick up the car only to have to take it back again later and NOT have a rental car that AAA is paying for. The only catch is that I am paying for the unsurance, that is 9 dollars a day for 10 days! I can think of a lot of other things I would rather spend 90 dollars on! But I would rather have the insurance than not and get in an accedent and then have even more BS to work with. Just me bitching..

chenchao
07-23-2002, 09:41 AM
Nope, they shouldn't be that slow. My car was in for 3 days, for some body work, then I got it back. Call them and tell them to give it back. But you wouldn't wanna rush them.
Not to scare you but when mine was in, hte whole time I thought, "I bet they're out running my Si all around town.":mad:
Sure enough, when i got there to pick it up the guy says, "Yeah those new Si's sure can move!" :mad:

SBC31
07-24-2002, 02:50 PM
I had my 97 Civic Hatch in to change the front fender and it took only 1 1/2 days. Guess it depends on how busy the place is but 9 days seems rather long.

NetDragon
07-24-2002, 09:34 PM
Wow! Well it is day 10 and I finally have my Si back from the body shop. I am impressed. The paint is perfect and it looks like nothing ever happened. But really, 10 days sucked! It was soooo nice to have my ride back! Loved it! Ran some arrends, stopped at Kragen and the cahier, about my age, was almost foaming at the mouth! I showed him the inside and I think he dropped a load in his pants! THEN after I finish getting groceries, I stop at Taco Hell (Taco Bell) and this guy had to ask me a ton of questions. The first thing they always ask, is how much it costs. Anyway, not a bad day for having my Si back for just a few hours.

:cool: