PDA

View Full Version : K20A2 Cams...

Jonny_EP3
12-02-2013, 04:36 AM
Hey guys,

I managed to pick up a set of cams + gears/valve springs/lifters out of an A2 for $100. I don't have the cash for KPro at the moment, but was wondering what could be done with these in an A3 head. I know that VTEC Killer is popular and I'd like to do this but fear it affecting reliability, especially since I drive my EP year round.

Any thoughts/ideas?

Kind Regards,

tlikethedrink
12-02-2013, 07:41 AM
You will need kpro to run vtec killer.

Flipped pin set up is something to look into. You will need a2 rockers with the pins flipped so you run 2 lobes vs 3. Kpro is a must for this too.

Kpro is getting cheap now and days. There's nothing wrong with used... If you plan on staying n/a get your bolt ons done before your a2 cams.

Jonny_EP3
12-04-2013, 06:46 PM
You will need kpro to run vtec killer.

Flipped pin set up is something to look into. You will need a2 rockers with the pins flipped so you run 2 lobes vs 3. Kpro is a must for this too.

Kpro is getting cheap now and days. There's nothing wrong with used... If you plan on staying n/a get your bolt ons done before your a2 cams.

Is there a general thread on flipped pin? I already have A2 rockers.

wcmbrk
12-29-2013, 10:16 AM
get 4 exhaust rockers and run all 8 exhaust rockers...a1/a3 rockers are fine...reliable as long as you get a good tune...been running mine for over 30k miles.

Is there a general thread on flipped pin? I already have A2 rockers.

Tnhatch03
12-29-2013, 12:04 PM
and the only way you will get a good tune, is by having Kpro!

Keep saving for kpro before you start digging into the head and upgrading components. the work will be useless until you are able to tune. if you were doing basic bolt-ons, then you would not have to worry.