PDA

View Full Version : My cruise is still busted...any ideas?

cbecker333
01-17-2003, 03:48 PM
The green light on the big button comes on when I push it, but when I click the set button the light on the gaugepod never lights up and the cruse will not engage. Any thoughts? The dealer says they would have to have the car for a couple days and I just got it back!!!....please help:*

myeverlovinsir
01-17-2003, 04:00 PM
I had a similar dilema, I found out that if my foot was touching the clutch, even slightly, the cruise would not engage. just a thought. It frustrated me because I would have my foot lightly resting but the clutch fully engaged and it would still prevent me from engaging the cruise. There is a very sensitive limit switch there.:)

cbecker333
01-17-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by myeverlovinsir
I had a similar dilema, I found out that if my foot was touching the clutch, even slightly, the cruise would not engage. just a thought. It frustrated me because I would have my foot lightly resting but the clutch fully engaged and it would still prevent me from engaging the cruise. There is a very sensitive limit switch there.:)

I never ride with my foot on the clutch, but I remember the cruise being flakey before it totally stopped working: If I depressed the clutch and let it back up, the cruise would usually work. Now, nothing.

glizard
01-17-2003, 05:34 PM
you mentioned you just got it back,from where? the dealer. why was it there to begin with? what did they do or repair?maybe it's related?

cbecker333
01-18-2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by glizard
you mentioned you just got it back,from where? the dealer. why was it there to begin with? what did they do or repair?maybe it's related?

The repair was replacement of the valve assembly. The cruise was broken before the valve got stuck but I completely forgot about it when I had to take my crippled car in for service.