PDA

View Full Version : Fuel rail opinions

tlikethedrink
01-05-2014, 10:55 PM
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e285/aranciors/Si/96821EDD-E891-458A-9E8C-9316243FE28F_1.jpg (http://s41.photobucket.com/user/aranciors/media/Si/96821EDD-E891-458A-9E8C-9316243FE28F_1.jpg.html)

Thinking of using the left over wrinkle red on the fuel rail. Or a little gloss black ... Haven't quite decided yet.
Only dilemma is the tabs on the stock rail. I'm not sure how to go about it. Or if I should even bother...

Gf is actually egging me on this time lol. I would just rather spend $150 on something else, maybe injectors that would actually be functional as opposed to a sweet looking rail with gauge on it.

Ideas? Advice?

TommyEp3
01-06-2014, 10:14 AM
I think wrinkle red would look good :thumbu:

captaingamez
01-06-2014, 10:30 AM
Just buy a K-tuned or Hybrid racing fuel rail, painting the stock fuel rail is hella ricey imho.

tlikethedrink
01-06-2014, 11:56 AM
I've been looking at the golden eagle actually. I'm not sure if the stock Dampner mounts in the stock spot with it. Would look uglier having dampener out of place than having a tabs sticking up.

TommyEp3
01-06-2014, 02:14 PM
If you go all black with a aftermarket rail, Skunk2 offers one I believe. I think it is a clean look.

captaingamez
01-06-2014, 02:47 PM
I know the Hybrid Racing keeps the damper in the same spot. I dont think the damper does very much though, I am not running mine.

usedep3
01-06-2014, 03:58 PM
You can shave off those tabs and paint/plastidip the rail. That's what I ended up doing until recently. Some people even thought it was an aftermarket rail.

I know the Hybrid Racing keeps the damper in the same spot. I dont think the damper does very much though, I am not running mine.

Good to know. I didn't know the hybrid racing rail let you keep the stock damper. I always thought the K-Tuned rail was the only one that had that capability.

tlikethedrink
01-06-2014, 06:59 PM
You can shave off those tabs and paint/plastidip the rail. That's what I ended up doing until recently.

That's what I'm leaning towards because I'm cheap. Also been thinking of wrinkle red because I already have the paint.
How did you remove the tabs? Grinder? Drill out the spots?

usedep3
01-07-2014, 05:55 PM
That's what I'm leaning towards because I'm cheap. Also been thinking of wrinkle red because I already have the paint.
How did you remove the tabs? Grinder? Drill out the spots?

I ended up grinding the off on the passenger side tab with a rotary tool (dremel). On the driver's side, I ended up bending/wrapping the tab around the tube that supplies the fuel to the rail. I wanted to grind if off like the passenger side but I was worried about the fuel line. I don't have pics, sorry.

There's a DIY on CRSX where a member created a rectangular cover that sits directly over the oem rail. It's pretty clean this way too.

Wrinkle red might be fine ESP since your VC matches. I only chose black plastidip bc black goes with pretty much anything. If you don't like the red, a quick spray of plastidip can change that.

tlikethedrink
01-07-2014, 07:19 PM
I ended up grinding the off on the passenger side tab with a rotary tool (dremel). On the driver's side, I ended up bending/wrapping the tab around the tube that supplies the fuel to the rail. I wanted to grind if off like the passenger side but I was worried about the fuel line. I don't have pics, sorry.

There's a DIY on CRSX where a member created a rectangular cover that sits directly over the oem rail. It's pretty clean this way too.

Wrinkle red might be fine ESP since your VC matches. I only chose black plastidip bc black goes with pretty much anything. If you don't like the red, a quick spray of plastidip can change that.

Yeah I seen the cover on crsx- I seen another actually shave it, but can't find it anymore.

I think I'll try wrinkle red. If it turns out like poo I'll buy a fancy aftermarket one. Probably Golden eagle since it's the cheapest. Unless I find a used one cheap