PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid Racing Shifter Cables Issue

sjloeffler
01-09-2014, 06:21 PM
I recently installed my new Hybrid Racing Shifter Cables on my 04 EP3. I assumed they were direct bolt-on to fit like OEM cables but it seems i was mistaken. They did not come with installation instructions or have an videos or DIYs available for these being installed on the EP3. My issue is that THE SHIFTER IS EXTREMELY STIFF NOW THAT THEY ARE INSTALLED. Is this normal? Is there an issue with the brand new cables? I am pretty certain they are installed properly (the correct cable to each connector of the trans and BuddyClub short shifter. If anyone has any answers or advice, feel free to reply or PM please. Thanks.

Powers
01-09-2014, 07:20 PM
I recently installed my new Hybrid Racing Shifter Cables on my 04 EP3. I assumed they were direct bolt-on to fit like OEM cables but it seems i was mistaken. They did not come with installation instructions or have an videos or DIYs available for these being installed on the EP3. My issue is that THE SHIFTER IS EXTREMELY STIFF NOW THAT THEY ARE INSTALLED. Is this normal? Is there an issue with the brand new cables? I am pretty certain they are installed properly (the correct cable to each connector of the trans and BuddyClub short shifter. If anyone has any answers or advice, feel free to reply or PM please. Thanks.

I had the same issue with mine. I ended up taking the cables off the shifter end and popping off the white plastic caps. Filled the caps to the brim with grease popped them back on the shifter and installed the cables again. It felt much better after that. Now that everything is broken in they feel fantastic.

captaingamez
01-09-2014, 11:03 PM
How much of an improvement are the cables by themselves? I have been thinking about getting them since the stock ones suck so much.

And Hybrid Racing FTW.

Powers
01-09-2014, 11:40 PM
How much of an improvement are the cables by themselves? I have been thinking about getting them since the stock ones suck so much.

And Hybrid Racing FTW.

Once broken in they're great. Really firm and precise shifts