PDA

View Full Version : air bag light on for 2 years

Th@t1gu¥~UH8
01-19-2014, 02:22 AM
hey guys i am having this problem with my air bag light staying on it has been on sence i bought the car from my friend after it sat in his back yard for 5 years with no engine or trans in it got the whole car for 500 bucks lol an 04 si with suspention all ready on it lol a super deal right but sence then i have been replacing everything and im almost done but i need to figure out why the airbag light stays on i had honda look at it and i paid them 1000$ for diag and to replace the airbags and the seats and 3 days later it came right back on so i take it back they tell me that its the wireing harness and that it was gunna cost 2200 bucks to replace it all so i said no well that was 2 years ago now i need to get it inspected and it bothers the hell out of me also sorry if this isnt spelled right its 4 am i just got home from work so dont bust my balls ok thanks for any advice or problem solving pm me or email me at logie4270@gmail.com thanks again guys

riceislame
01-21-2014, 11:11 AM
if the srs light is on it should be able to pass inspection just fine, if its anything like my car its because the stock seats at some point in time had srs air bags in them, an since those seats aren't there any more the light just stays on, look on youtube, I'm pretty sure its quite easy to turn off the light, but I know your probably wondering if the bags actually work or not, I wouldn't know what to tell you about that honestly, my srs light has been on since Ive owned the car an it passed inspection with out an issue, I think its just our ep3's being picking about not having the oem airbags still

Th@t1gu¥~UH8
01-21-2014, 07:50 PM
mine has the oem airbags in it still and i guess ill just look for it on there the previous owner had diffrent seats in it when i bought it and i had a new airbag and new seats put in it at honda but i guess ill just have to research it more i know i am not paying the 2200 that honda wanted for the harness and install and then it still wasnt guarenteed to fix it but thanks

urthworm
01-21-2014, 08:31 PM
i take out my passenger seat everytime i go to the track, so my srs light is always on. I say fuck it.. im not paying honda 300 to remove it lol. $2200 is just being buttfu$#ed!

Th@t1gu¥~UH8
01-21-2014, 08:59 PM
yea the 2200 was beacuse they kept telling me that it was my wiring harness for the srs system

usedep3
01-21-2014, 09:35 PM
Have you tried getting the DTC related to the srs light? You should be able to get that info off of your OBDII port.

Th@t1gu¥~UH8
01-21-2014, 09:42 PM
i had them run that at honda and nothing showed up