PDA

View Full Version : I'm confused, need some help. I want to install JDM honda CTR brakes on a 03 ep3

eg2solsi500
01-28-2014, 08:11 PM
i have a few questions that have me confused :
JDM honda CTR brakes 100% the same as USDM acura rsx-s brakes ?
What about the front lower control arms and trailing arms same on both cars ?
Are the tie rods different ?

Here is why i ask this :

I found a shop in ohio that has a JDM CTR car they are parting out and one of the things they have left is the brakes complete with lower control arms, e-brake cables pretty much everything.
So I was wondering if I could just pick up the whole brakes and install them on my ep3 ? Then what else would I have left to change ? would I have to run a JDM sway bar ? What tie Rods ? What axles( i still have a k20a3)?

Then I love enkei rpf-1's. I have 17x9+45 on my s2k but could I run that same size with the CTR brakes ? I read that the CTR hub sticks further out forcing me to run higher offsets.
Car is only going to be lowered on some tein springs for now.

captaingamez
01-29-2014, 09:22 AM
its all identical to 02-04 rsx-s stuff.

The tie rods are the same as 02-04 rsx-s if you are using the CTR shocks, otherwise it depends on what shocks your using.

Nothing sticks out further, that is Integra Type R, DC5. EP3 CTR is stock 45mm offset, just like all EP3 and USDM DC5.

you dont need any control arms to convert to 5 lug.

you need front knuckles
type s axles
calipers
rotors

for the rear you just need the 5 lug hub and rotor and your done. all the rear stuff is the same, all of it.

eg2solsi500
01-31-2014, 02:11 PM
If I run the front CTR lower control arm can I use the stock sway bar (or I'm my case I have the em2 sway bar) ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

27rocks
02-01-2014, 12:02 AM
If I run the front CTR lower control arm can I use the stock sway bar (or I'm my case I have the em2 sway bar) ?

Should be exactly identical to the one you have now. Only the DC5r has a different LCA (aluminum).

eg2solsi500
02-01-2014, 08:46 PM
Ok so I have the deal set to buy the whole CTR brake swap. I forgot to ask the year but they do say type R on the front calipers so I'm assuming 04+
Now he also has a brembo dc5-r setup. He's selling the dc5-r front sway bar and LCA's separate. Should I pick up the dc5-r lower control arms instead of the CTR ?
What problems am I going to run into using the CTR brakes with the dc-5r LCA's ?

MIGEEZY
02-09-2014, 08:46 AM
I believe you are going to need the ITR sway bar if you want to run one with the ITR control arms. Wheels stick out further when running those control arms.

captaingamez
02-09-2014, 09:53 AM
You will need either the DC5R sway bar or you will need to bend an EM2 EX sway bar slightly on each end to fit.

Those arms give you more camber and caster, its your call, if they come in under $200, its a great deal.

But to run them you need King Motorsports ball joint adapters, their about $40 if I remember correctly

eg2solsi500
03-26-2014, 09:06 AM
I got the CTR brakes with the dc5r front LCA's and sway bar. I think I payed too much but whatever. Ended paying $1000 for all of it

Hasbro
03-26-2014, 11:45 AM
You're going to love the difference. I imagine the bushings could use replacing/upgrading.