PDA

View Full Version : water leaking in floor board

Volcomkid777
02-08-2014, 11:10 AM
im having a huge issue and i cant find the source. every time it rains the carpet on the driver side only gets soaked while parked in the driveway. there are no visible leaks at all ive taken the carpet out, dash panels, ive even taken the damn windshield wipers off with the panels and its not coming from there. anyone else having this problem?

303EP
02-08-2014, 11:24 AM
I had this same problem but it was my fog light wiring harness coming through the wheel well into the car. When it would rain the water would get in the wire loom and bring it inside the car. I had no fender liners so that's what caused it.

Volcomkid777
02-08-2014, 02:56 PM
the fog lights had been removed prior to me buying the car ill have to check it out

Volcomkid777
02-08-2014, 02:57 PM
it happens even when its parked so it doesnt really matter if im driving or not

captaingamez
02-08-2014, 06:43 PM
This is why I hate sunroofs........

I am %90 sure that it is your sunroof drain. You see your sunroof is actually not designed to keep water out, that is completely impossible. What sunroofs do instead is they have a pan underneath the edges that collects the water and there are 4 draining tubes, one at each corner that carry the water out into your fender wells.

The front left tube goes down the front driver A pillar and down into that area under the dashboard inside the under dash cover on the left of your feet. I would bet that it is either cracked or has come detached and the drain water is draining into your floor instead of out to the fender well.

Cheep3
02-10-2014, 12:00 AM
I had a similar problem for several years. Mine was on the passenger side and was worse when I was parked with side tilt on the street. I spent many hours with a hose trying to find the source with no luck. I later had a cracked windshield (rock from truck) and had my windshield replaced. I found out the cracked windshield was not the stock one and with the new windshield the leak disappeared! Don't know if any of this helps but don't rule out anything. Good luck.